Tuesday, November 24, 2009

POST 439

I sometimes have trouble sleeping and this is one of those times. I know full well that I can't solve things at 0438 in the morning but here I am thinking about my life. It just seems to be a record that is stuck, groundhog day if you will. I am constantly wondering what happened to my life.

I am nearing the end of my thirties and feel troubled that I haven't been able to settle into anything by now. I thought I had when I got into the what I used to do but after racing off to a great start and with what potentially looked like a career path I spun off the course in a way that I never imagined. Rejoining the race was never going to be easy and keeping with the racing analogy I found myself overtaken and lapped by previous colleagues and by new competitors. I lost faith in it and maybe in my self.

I just feel like I've never really found what it is that I want nor what I want to do. When people ask me what would I like to do, I find it difficult to answer or don't believe that I can ever achieve what I answer.

I don't know if this low self esteem or pragmatism on my part. I seem to have settled for an air of supreme indifference and honestly find it hard to feel as if I am part of or truly engaged in experiencing the world.

Perhaps its tiredness or that weird sense of things that comes from being awake at 0448 but I feel like its all a dream and that I am a spectre just flitting along.

4 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Do you find that these doubts get just a little bit easier in the morning? They do to me, insomnia is just a torture.
I know how you feel about not knowing what to do. The questions other people ask get increasingly difficult to answer...and ours too, actually.
I hope we can find out soon.

5:42 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

well i don't know about you, but following your blog to post 439 i think you are pretty admirable.
just my humble opinion.
for example - you inspired me to get to swimming laps...

3:14 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

and regardless, journaling is the best way to see yourself through something, even if it takes a while.

*hug*

i sorta know what i want to do, i just fear that i won't be able to do it! :p

5:07 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

Happy Holidays!!! I hope you have a super season and that 2010 is a year full of wonderful and amazing things for you

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home