Saturday, February 21, 2009

Of Push ups and Bicycles

I saw the link for this on Gimchi's blog and am now doing this...one hundred pushups

As usual I was somewhat sceptical but have since become a convert after one week and noticing an improvement each time.

Finally, after a very long time I went for a bike ride today since my leg injury and subsequent weakening of the knee. I do enjoy riding my bicycle, there is something very satisfying about going out and about under your own steam. Towards the end I felt my calf alarmingly tighten but coasted for a while and was able to make it back with my thighs burning a little. I look forward now to the weather getting better and hopefully my strength both pushups wise and cycling.

3 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

it's quite good! i admit, though, after getting to the fourth week, day one, i'm getting bushed and it's harder to keep going. it's like i hit a plateau, but we're still chugging along. just with less energy. ;)

2:53 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

That is very impressive! You are really bouncing back. 100 pushups is quite challenging; very challenging actually. I have no doubt you will excel.

And well done to you too kimberlina.

I started it but was too out of shape. We are going to have to go back to it. instead i took up swimming for a bit.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Wow, you can't taunt yourself for not being in shape, mister.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home