Thursday, September 25, 2008

convictions

Its 513 in the morning and I'm in pain, my leg hurts and my chest hurts both muscular strains. My mind is keeping me awake too as I lie in the near darkness trying to answer the questions that I cannot find answers to. I am in both physical and mental anguish but it seems I'm not the only one who is looking for answers or doing something on a computer as I can see light behind the 'office' door reflected in my mirror of the room opposite.

I've listened to various songs in the past hour and applied various lyrics to my life. For example from an eighties classics, 'Don't you forget about me' but you know what I feel like a lot of people have.

I'm sitting in bed typing words into this computer and asking myself why?

Could it be this taken from Wikipedia or would that be too convenient?

'Solipsism syndrome is a state of mind in which a person begins to feel that everything is a dream and is not real.

Solipsism is a philosophical theory that all activity takes place within the mind, and therefore there is no reality outside one's own mind. As a philosophical theory it is interesting because it is said to be internally consistent and, therefore, cannot be disproven. But as a psychological state, it is highly uncomfortable. The whole of life becomes a long dream from which an individual can never wake up. Even friends are not real, they are a part of the dream. A person may feel very lonely and detached, and eventually becomes apathetic and indifferent.

Some environments are conducive to producing solipsism syndrome. This state of mind can be easily produced in an environment where everything is artificial, where everything is like a theater stage, where every wish can be fulfilled by a push-button, and where there is nothing beyond the theater stage and beyond an individual's control.'

But then a blog in itself is an act of solipsism but then the fact that the blog is made available to an unseen audience mean that the author is trying to move away from self indulgence or just indulging the self even more?

1 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

I hope you're not reading Pessoa now, it's not exactly cheerful.

Ah, nights can be tough (and days too) but it does look slighly brighter when it dawns (and it may not be when it really dawns, but in a metaphorical dawn).

I wish you all the best for 2009. And you do think too much. Have you tried meditating? It's hard but works.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home