Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Life More Ordinary

Sometimes, I wonder about the people around me and what it would be to more like them, not all of them but some of them. Perhaps this will sound arrogant or snobby but sometimes the ordinary people in the supermarket walking around as couples or as families seem very appealing. My assumptions might be wrong but nevertheless I wonder why aren't I in a couple. The answer to that is probably that I really don't make any effort to pursue women anymore and I partly feel like I missed my window of opportunity there are other reasons too but that's a whole another post.

What if I didn't have fanciful notions of a career in film or my non starting career as an artist? If I had a job or a trade that I went to everyday and had found a nice ordinary girl to settle down who would like going to the movies, holidays and meals. I'd feel secure in the knowledge that I'd be going to work on Monday that the week ends on Friday and that I have my mortgage to pay.

But you know what then I'd be worrying about my mortgage, complaining my nice ordinary girl is too nice and ordinary.

It would be nice to have a base of operations that I could call my own but then I don't even know where that could be at the moment...

3 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

I understand, the simple life seems very appealing, more or less like that No Doubt song, a simple kind of life.
But it doesn't really translate happiness at all. If you were in the situation, you might crave freedom from all of that, a chance to start over, no real strings. And right now you have that.
And you really haven't missed your window yet!

5:13 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

the window is always open. it can just take time.

i know what you mean, though. sometimes it's like we're never moving. like your post from before about being in the same place. having a blog can be wonderful and purging and at the same time, depressing. ;)

it's like, why aren't my resolutions changing?? maybe i need to just change my resolutions.

8:08 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

btw - this is a good idea!!! (taking photos) should we start w/ our cities, or with our homes?

like, this is where i make the coffee to keep me alive in the mornings. ;)

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home