Monday, March 17, 2008

Drifting apart

I've noticed in other people's recent writings too that in real life or our experiences of it that people have started to drift apart. People that we held dear or thought held us dear have become distant and less inclined to take up invitations to see you or to speak to you.

I suppose we've been guilty of it all ourselves even on here where the impetus to write and share and communicate with others has waned somewhat or it has in my case where I find myself visiting less and less.

I guess we can't see everybody after all as everybody says we all have our own lives and our own problems but still it is disappointing when people pass on invitations or disappear.

Sometimes it seems like friendship is like a revolving door, people come around occasionally pop out on your side or other times just keep on going around and you hear what they're doing but then they're gone.

(heh, I originally wrote 'poop' out)

Some of my typos are more revealing than I realize, this one some will attest is probably most apt.

"Right, I'm off to be."

(What I meant was "Right, I'm off to bed.")

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

People do occasionally poop out on your side! Both slips are actually pretty funny, AND true :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

hehe I liked that last one, very Aries, to be or not to be.
It's tough friendships, both outside and online, no difference there. It only takes a little slip, forgetfulness or some carelessness and suddenly the silences become distance.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

In Australia, anyway...or, maybe even where you are very soon too.

Hope this year's a good one - but remember, YOU have to make it so!

I'll join you in your new year in a couple of months :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home