Friday, February 29, 2008

Moore, Moore, Moore







I went to Kew Gardens for the first time yesterday and ended up spending three hours wandering around...

I didn't even see everything and while those who love flowers and fauna are catered for in the greenhouses I went for the Henry Moore sculptures.

I found them inspiring and loved seeing them and being able to move around them and touch then and feel the contours. I have so many pictures with the fading light as well as the sunshine.

I walked so much yesterday carrying a heavy artbook that I'd bought earlier but it wasn't until later the same evening that I really felt my legs going.

I haven't been that impressed as I was with some of those sculptures for a longtime but I think the success of the exhibition is in the outdoor nature and the sheer scale of some of the pieces which are big! The fact that you could touch the pieces and see them surrounded by natural forms probably enhanced the experience too.

Other things that continue to surprise and impress me is Miles Davis...I have a jazz smart playlist on shuffle on my itunes with 321 tracks and invariably I don't know all of them but when I check to see something I like it seems more often than not to be Miles Davis.

More sculpture pics soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

beautiful!! i love that third pic. the pics look like they could be florida. except colder. ;)

2:18 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I always wanted to go to Kew Gardens. But right now I'd go to any garden at all, I need to smell fresh things.
Over here we have a contemporary art musuem in the middle of a big garden and sometimes they take the sculptures outside too.

4:28 PM  
Blogger "the b" said...

aaah - good old Kew. Right across the river from where I grew up. We used to go when it was 10p (yes, in my lifetime!) to get in. In my childhood it was an extension of my back garden. In our teenage years my brothers hid in the bushes and were locked in over night with a small campfire, a couple of guitars, some weed and a few friends for company (I was never bold enough). A wonderful place.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home