Friday, January 25, 2008

Demons

People talk about 'personal demons', I wonder where and when this first came into existence. I'm sure if I look it up I could find out.

Today has been strange I can feel myself sinking into self-pity and can quite honestly say 'I'm not happy'.

What is the cause? A mixture of things I think, the pain in my left knee and thigh probably doesn't help, the weather dropping in temperature (how would I cope in Canada!) the lack of job prospects, the lack of motivation and interest in trying to understand the software that people are starting to use at work, being suddenly dropped from other people's Facebook Friends lists for no reason that I know of, not feeling like I'm connecting with people, realizing that other than work I don't actually have much in common with alot of people, that I feel somewhat isolated here because I don't know anybody locally.

That'll do for now, now what I should do is look at the list and try to tackle each item one by one and try to resolve them.


Supplemental:

I am very fortunate that I have a comfortable place to live and that I can feed myself but sometimes the blues just hit me.


'Most cynics are really crushed romantics: they've been hurt, they're sensitive, and their cynicism is a shell that's protecting this tiny, dear part in them that's still alive.' - Jeff Bridges

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

it's okay.
the winter is hard on everyone. For what it's worth, I will never drop you off my facebook friends list. That's absurd! who does things like that? weirdos.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I know, sometimes bad things seem to pile up and fall on the top of our heads, right?
For what it's worth I was with some friends the other day that I hadn't seen in a while and I came home thinking how miserable I was with them because we didn't connect. Most of the time I thought it was my fault, but it's nobody's fault. Duh:(

10:29 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

*hug*

i'm still your facebook friend. and i apologize for being so damn slow when playing scrabble. it's blocked at work! *sob*

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home