Thursday, November 29, 2007

Of imperfection or why don't people build things properly anymore

I've had two new electronic products for just over a year but both have faults. It seems in their rush to bring out the latest things, manufacturers are no longer creating goods to last. Perhaps they are but it is quite disappointing to find goods that are meant to be the 'latest thing' being the things that develop fault. Hopefully I can resolve both issues tomorrow and be electronically satisfied.

Work has become busy but with one final push it will be done and then the holidays and probably time to look for another job. I'm not sure if I've become workshy or am just plain lazy but I really think I can take it or leave it in regard to this particular job. Or I just have a really short attention span. Alas life does allow one to do as one pleases and i shall have to sort myself out.

Torres continues to impress at Liverpool while the manager battles with the owners over moneies for new players. To think Torres already has 10 goals in all competitions and we're only just starting December is a pretty good return for a first season.

I'm still around but with little time during the week and far fewer adventures to mention hence the absence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

I think it's not just about wanting to come out with the newest things, it's about the price. People now buy the cheapest thing that can find and think: when this is faulty, I'll through it away, it's so cheap.
And in the meantime we're polluting our world with plastic...

Considering the amount of money invested in Torres, I think he's doing what he was expected to do.

5:51 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

can a person even buy a car that lasts longer than 5 years, let alone 10? and we won't even discuss the damage some cars wreak during those years.
nowadays people tell me to wait for the next edition of a product to come out - because that is how much we expect electronics to be faulty.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home