Saturday, October 06, 2007

Not so interesting - it's all about me.

I know one should not compare one's achievement or lack of or life with others but we invariably do so.

I really have not been doing anything of interest that warrants a blog nor reading by my few visitors.

I rarely date keeping myself to myself mainly believing that nobody could actually be interested in somebody that has no real job nor lives in a place of his own at his age.

I enjoy finding myself in works by other people because it means I'm not the only one. What I mean by that is recognizing a situation in a book or drama as one that I agree with or might experienced too.

I don't think I'm as clever as people tell me and don't trust those that say that I am.

I am not that clever or else I wouldn't be unemployed.

I am not as motivated nor inspired as I half remember being.

I do wonder what went wrong and where I lost my way.

I realize that I repeat myself and not finding new ways to change my situation.

I am still looking for answers but have i found the right questions to ask?

6 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

"I am not that clever or else I wouldn't be unemployed." - I don't think employers want clever people, eager yes, obbedient too, but not too clever or else they could trip them without them noticing.

Art and drama are supposed to portray real life so it's only fair that everyone gets a bit of attention, no matter what we do, right?

11:45 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Fine, don't trust me! Hmph.

(Really come over for a meal this weekend?)

6:04 PM  
Blogger x said...

i've always thought of you as very clever but who am i to judge?
In Scrabble you are a genius though.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I just read that L'pool are interested in that brazilian that scored 7 goals in Holland this weekend. It makes sense - striker=liverpool, even though, forgive me for saying this, but Liverpool are somewhat a cemetery of strikers lately...and they're never really satisfied, they want more. ;)

9:49 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i think you just need to find a small thing and start there. a small thing that makes you happy and it grows outwards.

like... setting up a sort of schedule. routine, for me, helps. like having a picnic each day, or once a week. that kind of thing. *hug*

8:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

There are LOTS of clever unemployed people!

But anyway, if you lack the motivation or inspiration (we all go through that) I agree with kimberlina about focusing smaller. When I look at all the things I need to do right now (or before, how many things I was unhappy about - many of which are still there, just put on hold) it was overwhelming. But one thing at a time? That, I can do.

So. Those were all the things that make you miserable. How about all the things that make you happy? As I was getting ready to leave, I made a list of all the little things that make me happy, and worked my way through it like a to-do list.

Okay. Go.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home