Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hmmm

Well, I'm back from my trip down to the South West and you know what I'm not really sure that I need to be back up here close to London.

Alot of angst starts in urban environments for me perhaps its an age thing or just that I really like having the sea at hand that makes me prefer coastal places.

If I start to think about things (which is not always good for me) there doesn't really seem much reason for me to stay on the outskirts of London.

If I am to break from the film industry to do something else then why stay in the smoke to do that?

Things that I know I like:

1) Pie and Mash in the East End of London.
2) Liverpool Football Club and watching a match at Anfield subject to availability.

Not really great reasons for me not to move somewhere else.

Perhaps the secret is not to be so honest about my feelings and my situation to others and to learn to pretend.

I could create a whole new person whose life is the greatest for the benefit of those who have suddenly turned up on Facebook that I didn't speak to when I did know them.

ADDED AT 1640h

Things that I think I'd like to do:

1) Open a small restaurant by the coast.
2) Have a mobile noodle stand by the beach.
3) Own a small jazz bar by the sea.
4) Learn how to surf despite being middle aged.
5) Play jazz (most unlikely)
6) Go back to school and study either Graphic Design, Illustration or Fine Art.
7) Move away from London and its surrounding areas.
8) Travel across America.
9) Go on a ranching holiday in America.
10) See more professional sports live in stadia.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I like having the ocean nearby too. I think I'd probably settle for a nice lake, if necessary too.

I don't think learning to pretend, or creating a "best self" is a bad idea, but I don't think it ought to be for the benefit of people you never cared about in the first place. I know I've said this before, but I think of it more like "faking it 'til you're making it" giving YOU a best self to strive for.

Who cares about those people ...do it for you!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I think it's great that you have all those ideas! And some of them are quite lovely.
I think the best thing in life is that we can always start afresh, even if some experiences can't really be left behind, but why should we give up on something because of
a) having no money,
b) having no skills,
c) having no age...
...?
I know you're Aries and that brings a "certain" competetiveness to life...but who cares about other people? At the end of the day, you've have to deal with your own conscious and your own heart, not theirs.
I say the most cliches of all...

6:01 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I had a hunch, a big one, that this was going to happen ;)
(you know what I mean!)

11:00 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

this is a very interesting post. contemplating change is always a challenge. but i agree with devil mood, starting afresh is always an option... even when ahem "middle aged".

2:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I loved your list. It's so important to have something to dream for. I have always wanted to do my advanced dinghy sailing course and last week did that while my honeys were at their nannas for a week. I had the best week I have had for years. The important trick is to make some of those dreams reality but keep some dreams just as they are. Keeps you on your toes a little!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

Hello Finn! Those new life ideas sound very well, more exciting at least that staying where you are. Sometimes is good to introduce some radical changes in one's life in order to move forward, the most difficult is to take the first decision (and after it don't stop to look back even if it's to take impulse).

8:40 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

wow, i adore numbers 2 and 3.

but, if anything, i'd settle for eating really good noodles by the sea while listening to jazz.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home