Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Life Coaching?

Are there really so many people who are lost in life? I admit I am a little unsure of myself and my direction but what I didn't expect was to see so many sites when I put 'Life Coaches' into a search engine.

It's largely one of those new industries that is unregulated, there are courses being offered to become a coach as well as coaches offering their services.

But when did we all become so confused? I put it down to my illness and the subsequent difficulties that i have encountered getting back to finding a passion for something but what about everybody else?

Where did this need for life coaching spring up from is it just a variation on councilling or therapy?

In this digital age where i am putting out my questions to vurtual strangers and friends has the problem arisen because people no longer spend enough time with people just being people.

Obsessions with property, mortgages, perfect lifestyles and achieving a certain way of living have taken over the way we live.

It occurs to me as i write this that 'Fight Club' addressed this in some way or that is how I am choosing to quantify my observation as a product of too much time too myself being informed of what life could be or maybe should be my multimedia.

So am I going to find me a life coach? Can't afford one.

Am I going to become a life coach? Sometimes its easier to tell others how to increase their ability than to recognise your own.

Is there a point to this post? Not really but if t's provoked some sort of take on these things I'd be interested to read them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

"because people no longer spend enough time with people just being people." - yes, that's it!

People dont know what they want anymore because all the values have been sold out to the globalization & commerce. It's a cliche but it's true. No-one knows what's important anymore. Religions have been corrupted. Celebrities are the new idols. Everyone's self-concept is either too low or too high.
But none of this is new - I'm sure people have been feeling and acting lost since the dawn of mankind. I'm lost too, but not because of the society per se, I'm lost in my own internal maze.

(end of philosophical part of the comment)
On to other things: my club has made 65 million euros from 4 transfers - you'd think they'd stop selling players now, but I'm sure any deal that's lucrative will be taken into account. As usual, we will invest in players that nobody knows but that come out as stars a couple of years later - nothing wrong with that. But where does the money go? No one really knows. I'm p.o. with everything. And I hate the coach :(

6:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You can just as easily ask, is anybody not lost in life, to some degree. I consider it "doing a bit of off-roading" and think sometimes one discovers a new path by wandering a bit.

I have mixed feelings about life coaches, but think you have to either have made some decisions or be prepared to make some immediate decisions before it would be at all helpful. Then there is the issue of a good match - when I was "downsized" I got one as part of the severance package. I dutifully took a bunch of assessments (some of which were indeed interesting) before she told me I should be one of any number of things I have no interest in being, and told me what I was thinking I DID want to do was completely wrong.

PS - Who cares about the people who measure success by who has the best house? I realize I sound like a greeting card, but wealth is in the other things.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home