Monday, June 04, 2007

Thursday 24th May



Arrived.

Well, Liverpool bowed out of the Champions League having lost to AC Milan in a lack lustre final that promised so much more.

The following morning I got a lift out to Heathrow Airport this time as a passenger as opposed to the one doing the collecting or the dropping off. I enjoy travelling and hadn't been anywhere except a couple of day trips in the car in the past couple of years.The only places where I'd stayed for longer than a night has been in hospitals.

As the plane left behind England I felt a little emotional and grateful that I could take a trip like this and felt a surge of relief to be leaving the staleness that I felt was pervading me. There is an incredible feeling of liberation at 38,000 ft or 11,582 metres for my Metric readers to know that you are literally up and away from your problems even if its only for a few hours. There is no pressure to suceed, you cannot worry about what to eat or any of the other minutae of life.

Its liberating to travel and its no wonder that people want to feel this freedom the world over hence travel agencies and resorts all around the world.

I'm not sure I've expressed myself quite how I intended but nevetheless it felt good to be on a plane going somewhere new.

The where was Boston, Massachusetts, city that I knew of from American sports and over the last two years from looking at the photographs posted by two fellow Bloggers.

My first task on arriving at Boston was to negotiate the T line from the airport into the city.

Mission accomplished. I wandered around for a while surprised at the heat that greeted me and ate lunch at 4pm local time before heading over to the Prudential Centre at Copley to meet my hostess for the week.

It wasn't hard to find each other and soon we headed back towards Brighton and to what would be home for the next week.

I loved the houses on the street all made from wood or vinyl pretending to be wood and was surprised at how large a living space awaited me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Sounds promising! Waiting for the next chapter :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger x said...

i am soooo jealous!

8:38 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Wow. I was just about to sms you to see a film!

Happy trip!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

odd sense of deja-vu here. tell me more...

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home