Sunday, May 13, 2007

6 Rows from the action on 5th May



So I saw Liverpool play Fulham in both fixtures this season.

Liverpool LOST this one at Craven Cottage but did not bring a full team but the victory for Fulham meant the world for them.

Fulham won 1-0 and thus escaped relegation to which the theme from 'Escape to Victory' was blasted around the ground.

That film is one of my fondest memories of going to the cinema from childhood and brought the overhead kick to mine and the world's eyes and Pele.

9 Comments:

Blogger missy said...

Sweet!

9:51 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Liverpool lost that wasn't 'sweet!' though.

10:01 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

wow!! that IS close to the action!

i feel soccer retarded. i played when i was in grade school, had the ball kicked straight at my stomach and haven't played since.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Escape to Victory rocks and I don't even like football

9:56 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Did you get hit by off-goal shots? ;)
I'm very amused by the songs they play at english stadiums. The other day, it was in the Man City stadium - do you know what song they play before the games? Must be their anthem, everyone was singing. It sounded like a very old song.

5:03 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Didn't get hit by shots off target but the thought did occur, it must be particulary scary if you know John Arne Riise is playing.

I'm not sure what they played at Man City but I'm sure I can find it somewhere on the web.

I don't know if you've heard the Steven Gerrard song...if not YouTube 'Steve Gerrard Song'.

10:42 PM  
Blogger madelyn said...

Yay!

2:22 AM  
Blogger pandave said...

i love how you are all out there at the soccer matches being a real fan.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

lol I got a video of a particularly sore-throated individual singing that song. almost painful but funny!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home