Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Stepping out of yourself!

Do you ever write your own biography in your head?

That is to say e.g.

In 2007 he became a (put in occupation) but it also marked a very productive and prolific period in his painting. Whilst the palette remained somewhat limited to a few colours, a few new colour began to creep into the paintings. It was also the year that he met (yet to be met) and it was her influence and support that saw his art go to yet another level.

Or alternately:

He continued to paint as he continued to find himself at odds with the world. It was during this period that he broadened his palette which had been limited to merely three colours. These new paintings and the choice of colours seemed to coincide with the coming of spring that year.

Of course I would have to be a truly great painter for such a biography but one can imagine... ;)


What would an excerpt from your biography say?

5 Comments:

Blogger guinevere said...

There would be something written about the summer/fall of 1993 when Mother got remarried, and I moved, and our dog died and I realized i can completely stifle emotions.
Guin

2:57 PM  
Blogger guinevere said...

I have truly been thinking on this all morning. How funny that the first thing to come to my mind is THAT memory.
Guin

5:26 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

It's too depressing for me to think about...
But I like yours!
You know, it has happened to me, more than once, that things that I've written came to life - so maybe if you write that future biography it will happen! :)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I loved both of your scenarios for different reasons, and the broadening of colours in your palette was very poignant for me. My biog would say something like
'worn out and happy......'
lol

9:40 PM  
Blogger Duchess said...

Hi,

stumbled upon your blog by chance. have been reading it for a bit, enjoyed it. :)

As for what I'd put in my biography, interesting question by the way, it'd be my beloved granny whom the Lord called home 2 years back, she's a major influence in my life. ;)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home