Saturday, March 24, 2007

35 years old!

I can't believe it but it is so.

I turned 35 on Friday...it seems the older I get the less fussed I am about my birthday, I kind of treat it with a sneer as I curse the things I haven't got or done in the past year.

Knowing full well that was likely to be my typical birthday I suddenly decided to try to change that and got hold of two friends who at short notice were available for dinner. I looked at some paintings in Tate Modern (I think I'm going at least once a month on average this year so far) and then went off for Tapas with the afore mentioned friends which was good.

I had a birthday text from somebody I've kept in touch with but haven't seen for many years which was a nice surprise that they remembered.

I wasn't too surprised not to hear anything from my 'friends/colleagues/competitors' since they're mainly looking after No. 1 i.e themselves! Fcukers! ;)

Somebody did sing me 'Happy Birthday' down the phone as a message on my mobile which was great too.

I didn't hear about the job.

Saturday will be the out for dinner with the family somewhere if we can organize our asses...

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're older than me now :)

See, Friday Birthdays are good, because the whole weekend can be all about you!

Sometimes, on your birthday you have to be the one who organizes the asses, but the get-togethers seem to be worth it.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Happy Birthday, Finn!! Yeah! Screw the sneers and just have fun!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Oh damn it! I forgot! I'm sorry, I should've remembered because I did a post about it last year.
I haven't been looking at the calendar much and don't keep track.
Anyway, Happy Belated (well, not so belated) Birthday!
It wasn't so bad, was it? My last birthday was f***ing depressing! :P
That's a good age (for a man!) lol

11:20 PM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Happy happy birthday!!

4:49 AM  
Blogger pandave said...

happy birthday fb!!!

i shall do a birthday dance for you. imagine it as the absolute best dance you have ever seen in your life ;)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

Many Happy Returns!...I wish I was 35 again!

7:14 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

happy birthday!!!

mmm... tapas sound SO good right now, i'm practically drooling. it's nice to have friends around on your birthday - i'm glad you got to head out for some delicious dinner food!

3:58 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

hey fb!
when i get back, many things may have changed but hopefully your blog address will remain the same...

fingers crossed for a police box...

4:37 AM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

I was not around last w/e, so... belated birthday wishes Finn. I wish you all the very best indeed :-)

10:25 PM  
Blogger guinevere said...

Happy Birthday!
Guin

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home