Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On the Walls

Well, seven out of the eight pieces that I submitted to the hospital's Patient and Staff Exhibition are now on the walls. It seems strange seeing them up on the walls next to the work of other people. After all I'd only seen them in their isolation in the sphere of my little world. At the moment none of the work has name tags or the title of the pieces attached nor the prices so identifying my work is difficult for the casual viewer. I think in due course the hospital does supply all this information anyway its only been up two days so far! It'll all be there until the end of January...

The first day of November hasn't even passed and that damn job I had hoped for doesn't look like it will pan out in my favour. Although truth be told its been a huge weight off my shoulders and lightened my mood somewhat to at least know that. Ideally, I would have been given a start date and been getting my kit ready but it ain't going to happen this year now.

On the plus though I got given the all clear in one part of the medical catalogue that has taken up my life in one way or the other for the past year and a bit.

Maybe my mood is turning because my football team is finally starting to play entertaining football and winning games at long last. I don't know how much a 25 year old can achieve but I have decided to read Steven Gerrard's Autobiography which is actually pretty entertaining.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that job, but it's nice to hear the clouds are parting for you. ^_^

There's plenty more days in November to find a job!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

It is rather strange all of those 'young' fellows publishing biographies...at 24, 25...
I'm happy that you got your pictures up in the walls, I can see how strange it must be to se them in a public space, but nice too, huh?
The job will come.

3:42 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

I want to see your work:)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home