Monday, October 23, 2006

Of Creepy Hotels














I'm somewhat behind in the chronolgy of events that have passed and events that have just passed.

With that in mind lets continue with my trip to Liverpool on the weekend of the 14th - 15th October.

Other than the football I stayed in Liverpool overnight and also went to the Tate Gallery there, I didn't have time to see anything related to some boy band from the sixties who apparently were very big in their day.
I forget what they were called but they recorded many albums and were very popular. I think they were called some strange name like the 'The Beatles'. Has anybody heard of them?! ;)

The city itself is undergoing regeneration and so there are many cranes across the skyline and roads closed and buildings boarded awaiting demolition. It would have good to have had somebody with local knowledge to show us around on Saturday night maybe next time.

The hotel we stayed in was a grand old thing which in its heyday was considered to be a palace, my room was M7. So it wasn't on the ground floor nor was it on the first floor but somewhere in between. This meant taking the lift to the first floor and then walking down corridors to a staircase to the 'M' floor.

Please see pictures as to why the film 'The Shining' occurred to me walking down the corridors.

6 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

lol freaky! I'd like to do a photo book of hotels...sounds interesting.
Yes, I heard that Liverpool is being redeveloped and it's not just the Beatles' home town.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creeeeeeeepy!

hey, i saw evidence of other events on your last fm player today :)

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All hotel corridors give me this feeling, though your's is indeed creepier. Needs some overpowering flourescent lighting, methinks.

10:20 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

blogger ate my comment -

the shining indeed -
where are the twins?:)

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooo! lovely wallpaper!! *laugh*

4:28 AM  
Blogger pandave said...

oooh redrum! it really is a step back in time, that corridor. wow!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home