Friday, October 27, 2006

November be good to me!

I never posted properly about nor did I have a camera to record events but I did go and see Shearwater under the direction of Stephanie in Boston and was accompanied by Stephanie from Brighton and Missy.

We met in Kilburn and we heard music there, good music and for the second time in 6 days for a moment through sound I was lifted out of myself for the merest of time.

No, it wasn't drug induced nor alcohol induced, I found that music live has this unique power to lift you out of yourself emotionally and perhaps that is the high that people get from live music that you can't get from a CD or a TV performance. With the football it was 45,000 people singing one song, at the gig it was certain sounds from the instruments and the verve and energy of the performance that got me.

I need October to end and for November to start for hopefully that will bring a much needed and waited for cheque and hopefully news of a job that will keep me off the streets for a few months and line my pockets.

8 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

What outstanding fun you had
with two great women:)

Everyone is hanging with
bloggers and I have to say I
feel quite left out:(

(hugs)

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Music can really lift your spirits. It can also make you feel gloomy when you don't need to.

1:26 PM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

I understand completely about live music, and I am certain all good things are just around the corner for you!

6:08 AM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

I understand completely about live music, and I am certain all good things are just around the corner for you!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It was a great night. :) I'm glad you found it as uplifting as you did.

November will be very good to you and will include a trip to the Polish restaurant for pierogis if you fancy it. :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I'm happy that the blog can contribute to make real friends! Good luck with November :)

11:14 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Lucky man...to be out to a concert with blog friends (were they friends before the blogging, btw?)

here's to a great November!

2:27 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

fb... november will be awesome to you!!!

yes, you heard it first... right here!!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home