Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tight!

I have become fat! I lost so much weight last year falling ill then maintained a good steady weight but kind of stopped doing exercise other than a brisk walk which they say is enough at least three times a week. Well they lied because I'm finding it hard to feel comfortable in 'proper trousers' e.g trousers other than combats, jeans(which slide down) or shorts.

It amazes me that the number on the waistband is the same as on my comfortable jeans but the comfort level is not. Is this why so many people in suits are uptight because they can't breathe properly trussed up in shirts and ties and trousers?!

Do I have to go a diet? Thankfully I don't have to wear a suit everyday! That said the formal wear in my wardrobe is kind of dated since I never wear them except for birthday dinners for relatives and the like. Maybe a new suit and shirts are in order but then how often would I really need them. Unless I go for a radical job change I don't even need a suit for a job interview at present.

I need to lose a few kilos or that said reshape myself somewhat but I am becoming a little bit like a human Sharpei with loose skin collecting around my middle.

Now before some of you have visions of me looking like Jabba the Hutt I reckon I'm not actually that size and you can check with some of the Bloggers that visit here or hopefully they'll attest to this fact! It's just tight trousers make you feel cack!

Right off to proper sit down Birthday dinner in a suit while holding my breath!

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You are not jabba the hutt. Don't worry. You are more like an puerile 12 year old ;)

If you are serious about this, then let's resolve to have lunch at non-burger joints (and non-Polish eateries) from now on.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't pop the button off them. ^_-

9:17 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

my blouse was popping at a recent dinner party, but not due to weight; just poor button holes. That's my story, anyway.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a birthday dinner should = birthday suit!

then you'll have none of that irritating tightness of which you speak. ;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger pandave said...

jabba! lol! i am having a jolly laugh while eating a cheeseburger deluxe (which means with fries and the pickle that i never eat - after all ketchup IS a vegetable)

so how did you eat birthday cake in that tight suit?

6:12 PM  
Blogger x said...

whose birthday was that?
did i miss anything?

8:43 PM  
Blogger fb said...

S
Not necessarily.

E
True.

C
I believe you.

K
With relatives I think not.

R
Just won't wear suit trousers often.

P
Cheeseburger deluxe.

C
Not my birthday.

9:56 PM  
Blogger sophie said...

stop eating at Polish eateries?

torture.

not worth it. Buy bigger jeans:)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

your comparison to jabba is hysterical. Every gains weight, I am struggling with the same thing too. Life sucks sometimes. Did the suit hold up at the party?

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home