Thursday, September 21, 2006

Juice

At short notice this week and quite by chance I got given a telephone number of a guy who needed somebody with some pencil skills at short notice and a cash incentive.

I didn't ring straight away the bravado about wanting to work and the anxiety of whether I could still deliver were at odds within myself. I called and got voicemail and left a message explaining how I got the number.

I got the callback and accepted the job and got my kit ready for the following day, drop of a hat and i'm off to work. What was meant to be one day turned into three and possibly more.

After initial trepidation I soon got back into it and realised that the juice in my life is to come from work. I wish it wasn't 'work' that gives me a shot in the arm but at the moment nothing else compares.

It gives me a chance to be around other people and to lose myself in the moment of working to get the end product done in time. For me work is the best thing in my life and without it I tend to get stuck in morbid self-examination.

I'm quite glad that it was only three days for the moment but am pleased to have come out of it realising that my skills are intact and that I AM ready to look for and be available for work again.

So there might be some bits and pieces over the next week or two or back to sulking but the main thing is, I'm back.

What is the 'juice' in your life?

10 Comments:

Blogger sophie said...

My juice has been sulking over
my broken heart but...

it just might be getting better...
well, not better, just
accepting.

You are a true artist as we
love our days of morbid
self examination - it gives
us that "je ne sais quoi"
that people like to ponder about.

so happy for you!!!!!!

3:21 AM  
Blogger pandave said...

great for you fb! it is not such a bad thing to love doing what you seem to be really talented at. AND it is is interesting too - art? hell i wish i could do that.

and then somehow, working can be strangely uplifting. i went through a spot of not working and, as tedious as my day job is (never a conversation starter and a sure ender), i was happy to be working.

my juice?
dancing
solving problems
making lists...

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

juicy juice! stupid name, but all natural juice. no high fructose corn syrup! juicy juice and fizzy water = deeelish!

oh wait, that was like, a double entendre. i get it!

my juice is good coffee and a nap, maybe. quilts. in bed w/ anthony and our 2 cats, like a little boat of furry love. i guess, just life. sounds kind of cheese and retarded, but little things like how the light shines through the window, or the way the grass looks close up while laying on a quilt... little things make me happy.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i love to look at other people's artwork. it's inspiring.

6:14 AM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

yeah, i need some fresh squeezed too. fb, you must hold on to that feeling of confidence and use it to propell you to do other things!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

fb;
It is ok that your juices flow from your work...I acheive happiness from sampling difference juices; work juices, home juices, children, family, friends, books,....variety is the spice of life, non?...

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching other people do things I should be doing. Yeah, that always works.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay! Well done you!

Juice in my life? I tell you, it ain't my frickin' PhD! When that thing dies I'll be soooo happy... Back to juice. I think the juices in my life are running (creating endorphines which are biological juices) and music (filling me with happiness, warmth and wonder). And maybe toast..

10:15 PM  
Blogger x said...

it's not just work, because you are not a secretary, it's creativity (although secretaries can be creative too) that gives you that shot in the arm, isn't it?
My juice is my son. I know that's too commonplace but it's true.

2:00 AM  
Blogger "the b" said...

I agree with Chloe, was going to say the exact same thing; you are so lucky that work can be this rather than something more mundane. But good for you! My juice... hmmm. There is more of it than there was sixth months ago (was remembering last night my horrific birthday party where I got drunk and angry generally with the world but also unfortunately specifically with many people too!) but I could not tell you exactly where it is coming from. The ether?!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home