Monday, August 21, 2006

Then I went back again...

Shortly after the previous post about 2 hours to be more precise the bruising had got worse and so it was back in the car to return to the hospital.

There I was given a big pressure dressing that used up 2 rolls of tape! That was followed by a couple of painkillers and then being shown to a bed.

The short explanation is that due to my blood thinning drugs I am going to bruise more easily and o get me prepared for the operation last Tuesday I was taken off my blood thinning drugs.

Once the operation was completed then I need to be placed back on the blood thinning drugs and my blood taken till it is back to the level it was before.

The bleedout across my chest (under the skin) is quite spectaculary large but not painful. It's like a giant tattoo and the colour of grapes.

The new incision is 2.5" or 6.35cm into which the ICD was placed.

So I am back again from the hospital where time moves in a weird vacuum and the minutes move painfully slowly in the stillness of the hospital.

Fingers crossed I won't be there as an Inpatient for a long time although I did quite like my adjustable electric bed and some of the nurses!

3 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

i wish you soothing sunlight from your windows and good music.

and clean sheets!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I am all too familiar with this. My Ma is on blood thinners too. You do so much as touch her and she bruises.

Here's to a speedy trip out of the hospital! ^_^

9:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Maybe you can get a visiting nurse? You'll be hitting deserted beaches again in no time :)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home