Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Not sure about this hobby


















Well, I picked another location, read up on the tide charts, got in the car and drove off to the coast again. Yes, another day out at a ghost town trying to remains of long gone creatures from the deep.

And no I didn't find any teeth yet again as I wandered back and forth along the 'beach' at low tide. This is not turning out to be the greatest hobby in the world. I'm not expecting to be an expert at it straight away but it does seem like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I think what I need is an army of small children who are closer to the ground and therefore more likely to spot something.

There were lots of clumps of mussels, the odd oyster shell and bits of crabs and lots of new seashells but as to fossil teeth I didn't find any of those.

On the plus side it does get me out of the house.

7 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Well, people say the road is the most important part, not the destination. You didn't find any teeth but you went out, saw the sights and saw an hilarious sign for dogs! lol :)

12:18 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i love that you're going out and exploring! it really makes me want to do the same. how hot is it over there?

florida is just so muggy.

i'll def get back to you on the albums. i'm the sort that oft times only listens on shuffle.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

But, I'd always be disappointed when I read about a beach and arrived only to find it overrun with people. I like ghost-beaches...er...ghost-towns.

I love the message to dogs :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Well, there are a lot of regular shells you can keep!

Not as good, but better than nothing.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

As soon as I saw the first photo you posted, it put a huge smile on my face. Really, fb...this is superb.

You can likely do a little research adn find out the best spots for rock hounding and searching for fossils; there are certain beaches around here where you won't find a thing, and then other spots where you can't walk a metre without seeing something. Perhaps a Natural History book of the coastline of Britain?...

Keep living life, my friend :)

1:01 AM  
Blogger Christopher D. Bate said...

I need to explore more. I'm inspired..

6:56 PM  
Blogger x said...

it's a great hobby.
my son told me on the phone, he found some teeth on the beach.
-Human teeth? i asked
-No, no, fish teeth.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home