Saturday, August 12, 2006

I came, I saw, I went home

Well, I did get out of the house more often than not and realised that the world is alright and much better in a way than the negative void that I currently occupy that goes under the codename 'home'.

Monday you all know about please see below.

Tuesday I had a wander around St Albans surprised at the diversity of architecture and churches. No pictures because I noticed all these details had I had the camera with me no doubt I wouldn't have noticed.

Wednesday, rested waited for Champions League Qualifying match on the televison in the evening that Liverpool won just. The new signings looked promising but I think Mr Benitez hasn't quite worked out how to use them all effectively yet. Although I hope Jermaine Pennant tears Chelsea up on Sunday especially since they Chelsea do not have strength at left back.

Thursday, stewed in my own juices again and went to inform my GP/General Practioner/Doctor of my upcoming hospital visit which was the first he had heard of it. I guess the psychic messages from the hospital hadn't been received yet. Iam very tempted to have a seriouis verbal with the hospital on Tuesday or is it like complaining in a restaurant in that you have to be wary of how and when you complain in case they do something to you or your food out of spite!?

Friday I was really busy, I ventured into London for the first time in a month and a good lunch and natter with one of blog visitors. We have a kind of lunch club going on whenever I'm in the general area. Yesterday was a Polish restaurant where we enjoyed a hearty platter of food. Then I went across the road and saw images of Che Guevara and got lost in the Victoria and Albert Museum. From there it was onto Leicester Square to buy Mogwai's album 'Mr. Beast' and to watch Jack Black in 'Nacho Libre'. Then I was hungry again! So now it was Vietnamese noodle time in Chinatown.

There's still more then I met my friend Irish T at the Southbank had a chat then went home after a buy day. I must be getting healthier because I found myself on the verge of losing it with all the dawdling tourists in the stations blocking the exits.

It's now almost three years since I stopped smoking I have to fight the urge not to go up to girls and tell them:

'When I saw you from a distance I thought you were an 8 or maybe even a 9 but then I came closer and saw you smoked and now you're a 3'

Of course I would never do that but I think it.

Saturday feeling grumpy but then thats normal for a Saturday because I hate Saturdays unless its football season then i look forward to the highlights programme in the evening. Season starts next week thank god!

However, I am quite looking forward to losing this freedom of general aimlessness that I have been living for the past year. I would like very much to return to work and long hours so that I have some routine and can see faces from the past and share laughs and work as part of a team and complain about how I have no free time! ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

What's the worst that could happen - the nurses spitting on the instruments?

Actually, that probably does happen.

8:23 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Hmmm...tomorrow's the first real english match I watch this season. How many more Liverpool-Chelseas will we have this year? I think I've seen about 20 in the last couple of years ;)
God, I wish I lived in London, there's so much to do over there, even if it's just seeing the sights. Over here, it's been to hot to walk around.
I think you should go up to those girls and say those things - part of your "living more" campaign ;)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had fun in London on Friday. Lunch was very good and, as always, it was fun to gab. So much fun, in fact, that I didn't even mind sharing my pierogi. :) Remember to keep your eye open for the restaurant in the next Woody Allen movie!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

why do you hate saturdays? it's just another day, like all the rest? kind of like them...i tend to stay home even though I know most of the world is out somewhere.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Sounds like a very good week, fb. I am so very jealous of your proximity to London and the hisotry and museums and places to eat...Mr. C and I adore London (we are the annoying tourists you speak of :)

Perhaps we'll visit one day and go for lunch :)

3:22 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i am currently listening to last.fm at work! my username is gimchi (surprise) if you want to find me.

i'm so glad you got the mogwai mr beast album! that's what i actually would have recommended. i started to listening to mogwai (and the rest of the my music) by album whilst driving to my parents house this weekend. :) i am SO bad at identifying song albums.

i love this statement: I must be getting healthier because I found myself on the verge of losing it with all the dawdling tourists in the stations blocking the exits.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home