Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Darwinism, Evolution...

In the past year those around me have moved up grades at work and a few have bought their own homes.

Friends are soon to be parents.

My brother got engaged.

Me, I'm turning into a machine. Artificial add-ons to keep me going.

It's been a frustrating year just watching it all go past and not partaking in life nor evolving myself or moving up a grade at work nor looking for somewhere to live so that I too can bitch and moan about my mortgage.

Yes, I'm in a philosophically bitchy mood today if there can be such a state. I have decided I don't like one person because they always harp on about their frickin' mortgage and then when they misheard that my brother was marrying his girlfriend sounded so shocked and surprised that I had a girlfriend, the implication being I couldn't find a girlfriend. God, I hate that dumb broad, she needs to listen properly first! And if you can't afford your mortgage then you shouldn't have bought it then, you dumb, selfish, insensitive cow!

Just venting! Still here?

So what's it all about?

I'm like a dinosaur who didn't evolve with the rest...get the violins out for the FeelingBitterandBluesauraus.

Wait a minute the dinosaurs didn't evolve...arghhh! So is it better to be a cockroach?!

I'll be fine after lunch...that's the other thing about me, I'm like a dog or a baby, I get irritable when I'm hungry!

5 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

oh, do rant, that's what we're here for. i also turn into super-grouch when i'm hungry. it's not pleasant.

i think i know what you mean. i, too, feel behind. i am engaged, so that's moving forward, but so many i know are already married, buying a house, have bought a house, have kids, retirement savings... umm... what bus did i miss? for real. not to mention that i still look like i'm 18, and people treat me like it and are so shocked when they find out i'm actually 9 yrs older than they thought and then they try and backtrack and treat me differently.

... or something. ;) look what you started. i need to eat, too.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Rant away, but I don't think cockroaches evolved either. Maybe horseshoe crab...

9:30 PM  
Blogger x said...

Finn, here's an irrelevant comment coming: When i was on holiday, the night after i had finished "a wild sheep chase", i saw you in a dream!
It was you, i was certain. We went for coffee and discussed the book. Then you said you needed to travel more and i can't remember the rest but it was fun (i have most of my fun in dreams :))

10:43 AM  
Blogger pandave said...

did cockroaches evolve... or just survive? but then again when the world ends, it will be just the cockroaches, cher and... you??

and me, in life, i am exactly where you are. i don't even dream about owning a home any more. and yet, i left home because i wanted to make enough money to be able to buy a house... damn!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I like your rants. :) And your friend is a silly insensitive cow indeed (with all due respect).

When are we going to be able to start up lunch club again? I need to rant too about the miserable state of my life and then be satiated by tasty food. :)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home