Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Bah!

Today was so hot! I don't know how hot it actually got but it's been steaming I have a headache from it all although concentrating hard at learning a CAD programme all day might have contributed to that too.

Phonecall? What phonecall? Oh that phonecall. Yes, I got the phonecall.

It wasn't about a job.

It wasn't a girl calling to ask me out or saying yes to being asked out.

It was the doctor calling me to tell me that I would need to have an ICD.

Yay! More time in the hospital and I get to hand my driving license back in for another six months. Well it won't be as serious an operation no now its a procedure still have to go as an Inpatient though in mid-August.

What is an ICD?

A device which is implanted within the chest wall. It monitors the heart rhythm, senses if there is about to be a severe disturbance in heart rhythm and if necessary delivers an electrical impulse to stop the abnormal rhythm and allow the normal rhythm to resume.

(from BHF.org.uk)

Bit bummed out really thought I could leave it all alone for a bit...oh well.

So no jetting off on holidays...Blackpool here I come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Eek! I'm sorry to hear about the ICD. I had my fingers crossed that he'd call and say you are fine. If you need the ICD, however, I'm glad they are putting it in. You'll have quite an array of gadgets in there now. :)

9:09 AM  
Blogger x said...

will you do as before and let us know how it went?
Good boy.
xxxx

4:25 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Will think of you xx

11:54 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about that :( Is the more hospital time what's made you blue this week?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Sorry to hear that you ahve to have this done..I will have to read your archives and get up-to-date on why all of this has happened in the first place. You did blog about it, right?...

Take Care, fb.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home