Friday, June 09, 2006

Some questions

Just some of the things moving about my head at this moment in time...


  1. There has to be more to life than work...isn't there? I know that there is but what it is I don't know for me yet.
  2. Or does work give us the means to live and find ourselves? Work can define and shape us if we are lucky to do something with true passion.
  3. How does one find meaning to one's life? With difficulty and it may not last a lifetime when we find but just a moment or a few years.
  4. What is your reason for being? This I do not know.
  5. The Rules of Attraction, what is that elusive quality that brings two people together because I know I'm sadly lacking in that department at present? Cupids's arrow? A healthy bank balance? Big muscles? Long legs? All of those things or none of those things? Another one of life's mysteries.
  6. What makes things click and brings about kisses and maybe more? Chemicals that are subconciously excreted and guide us? Or more of the above? A kind word? A gesture?
  7. How can I increase my chances of being a desireable person and not on a 'just friends' basis? Then I wouldn't be asking if I knew.
  8. Just how will England do in the World Cup? They need to get it together and soon and if they can make it to the quater finals. Can they win it? Not convinced they can play as a team.
  9. Can Japan beat Australia? Tight game, I know what the Australia players are capable of well the ones that play in the English Premiership, Japan I know less about.
  10. Just who will finish as Runners up in Group F? Japan, Australia or Croatia, they're all unknown quantities based on past tournament experience Croatia will probably prevail.
  11. Where's my driving license got to? Lets see what the postman brings on Monday.
  12. What has happened to the replacement copy of a book that I ordered online? I should be getting a replacement copy later in the week.
  13. Which OST CD of 'Elizabethtown' is better, Volume 1 or Volume 2? Volume 2 looks more interesting based on the track listings even though I've haven't heard any of it.
  14. Why am I asking so many questions? Because I spend too much time thinking and not doing.
  15. Where are you going for the summer? Absolutely no idea, I have notions of where I could or might like to go but don't do anything about it see above.
  16. What was the last time you ate out? Last Thursday in a Japanese restaurant round the corner of the British Museum.
  17. What did you order? Tofu Salad, Yasai Yakisoba Noodles, Tokyo Mix Okonomiyaki.
  18. People say they could spend the rest of their lives 'here' meaning Jamaica, Barbados etcetra but could you? Think it might get tough without the occassional visits to grey, smoggy, crowded streets and dirty smelly public transport and overpriced movie theatres and great big buildings full of art by dead people and living 'artists'.
  19. What do you wish you were 'more' of? e.g. more determined, more popular etc Definitely need more confidence.
  20. When did you last have a good laugh? Not so much good laughs so to speak more wry smiles and chuckles.

9 Comments:

Blogger fb said...

Just read Missgolondon post below literally minutes before this post! She just might be onto something there...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Boy, you're really full of questions (agree with no. 14). The first 4 are very important to me right now and I'd like an answer to them myself.
As for the attraction thing, I guess things do click sometimes but it's not a phenomenon I've seen often lol. In my opinion, the most attractive thing in a man is his confidence so you have to stop worrying about that stuff.
I wish I were more confident myself, that would change a lot. I'd answer all your questions but I'm afraid I'll bore you to death.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Do you mind if I consider this a tag and post my answers on my site?...they are a great bunch of questions (minus the soccer ones, which I can't really answer properly, but I would be willing to take a stab at them regardless.)

3:16 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

1. There has to be more to life than work...isn't there?
yes, there is. you just have to find it, actively search it out. which is work in itself. :) but the only really meaningful work there is.
2. Or does work give us the means to live and find ourselves?
hmm... not always. but it's a means, i think.
3. How does one find meaning to one's life?
by living and putting yourself out into the world. even if it's sitting on a park bench watching the world go by..
4. What is your reason for being?
oh lord, you went *there*. :) to please myself and others as much as possible. to be kind. and to eat creme brulee.
5. The Rules of Attraction, what is that elusive quality that brings two people together because I know I'm sadly lacking in that department at present?
eye contact, i think. but it must be combined w/ honesty and communication and trust. miss one of those and it may not work.
6. What makes things click and brings about kisses and maybe more?
see above + gentleness & honesty.
7. How can I increase my chances of being a desireable person and not on a 'just friends' basis?
be yourself, silly. :)
8. Just how will England do in the World Cup?
they are going to rock it hard core.
9. Can Japan beat Australia?
yes.
10. Just who will finish as Runners up in Group F?
ok, i was faking before.
11. Where's my driving license got to?
check the laundry machine? right hand back pocket of the jeans you wore last night?
12. What has happened to the replacement copy of a book that I ordered online?
i ate it.
13. Which OST CD of 'Elizabethtown' is better, Volume 1 or Volume 2?
crap, haven't listened to either.
14. Why am I asking so many questions?
for knowledge.
15. Where are you going for the summer?
straight to hell in a handbasket.
16. What was the last time you ate out?
wednesday night. had a beer. slept till 10:30 at night. !!
17. What did you order?
un-breaded chicken wings. hot. w/ extra sauce on the side. wanted a newcastle, but got a killians to try something new.
18. People say they could spend the rest of their lives 'here' meaning Jamaica, Barbados etcetra but could you?
oh, i do love to travel. though really, as long as 'here' i didn't have to work to eat delicious food and stay in wonderful surroundings and have anything i wished shipped to me... then 'here' sounds lovely. oh, and no mosquitos and gardens and parks and sushi.
19. What do you wish you were 'more' of? e.g. more determined, more popular etc
more motivated. *sigh*
20. When did you last have a good laugh?
tonight, w/ my girlfriend sweatshop. jen does a great death metal voice impression.

5:37 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

holy crap, that was long.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

OK...I tried to reply, because I have all the answers...no, wait...only more questions :) Seriously, it got too big, so I'm going to send email.

3:12 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Hey, we're the same... I have conversations with myself, too :-)

xx

3:59 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I've posted my/your list on my site; hope you don't mind :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

not sure about being on to something. maybe, on something? : )

isn't it funny how we have millions of layers of thoughts and questions running through our head but all of this is hidden to the outside world?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home