Monday, June 05, 2006

A New Job

I have a new job, its one I've been on for a while but didn't realise.

It's called getting your health back! And while at times it has been a rather solitary occupation it has been one of great personal importance.

Now a thing called society and its expectations have been interferring with that process for a while and have been clouding the picture. There is also pressure that I have been exerting upon myself and a case of trying to keep up with the 'Joneses'.

Sure I'd love to 'play house' too like many of my work colleagues but I'm nowhere near being financially able to and sure I'd like to have a girl of my own to share the things I want to do and things that I hope to do. That time might not be right now and thats alright...

However, I'm really believing that good things will and do happen to good people and while there are times when it seems all is lost...I will survive ;)

This may be a temporary moment of touch feely peace at my place and where I can or will go but I'm trying to enjoy it wihile it lasts probably be just for this afternoon and I'll look back upon this post with bemusement.

This post like many is just off the cuff, my posts happen when I have a thought and its rare that I preplan them, I just let the words flow, hence the propensity for typos or missing words which occassionally I'll go back and correct or add but not always.

There is no real point to this post aside from laying out some of my observations on things at this moment in time.

I really do want to start to rejoin the land of the living though and that in itself must be a good thing.

7 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

you rock. i'm glad that you can have good moments. it's what we all live for.

peace & contentment.

and, perhaps, a little bit of sunshine.

4:07 PM  
Blogger missy said...

This kind of writing is just what I need today... sigh!

6:16 PM  
Blogger x said...

you've come a long way and i am very very happy for you. and that's a tough job you are doing there.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Steve House said...

thats how I always write my posts. Someone once said it must be liberating

1:24 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

This is how my posts are written lately as well. I say, don't change a thing. Women love touchy feeliness in men, no need for apologies there. Playing house is great, but there are other games that are fun as well, So enjoy where you are right now, because once you start into other games you may not have the chance to do what you are doing now. Ever again. Take Care, fb.

2:53 AM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

you always do the self deprecation thing when you think your blog post has no "point"? what is a point anyway? self expression comes in many forms. and writing seems to be healthy and cathartic for you!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You've been knocked for six, but you've come a long way on your journey to good health. Be proud of your progress. :) Chloe is right - it is a tough job but you are doing well.

It is always tempting to compare yourself with everyone else, but I try to remind myself that I am on my own path in life. I'd much rather forge my own way ahead at the right time with the right people than try to slot myself into a life society feels is appropriate for me.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home