Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I see

So yesterday I started my Cardiac Exercise Programme at a hospital that really I should have started 6 weeks ago. It consists of doing exercise circuits including a 15 minute warm up and 10 minute cooldown as well as the exercises in between. These are mainly things like heel digs, step work and light weight work with very light dumbells. I am also meant to integrate these exercises into daily life at to do these at home. The only thing that compunds it somewhat is that I had an MRI scan of my knee last year and I have a small cartilage tear which causes my knee to to swell and hurt when I exercise as the cartilage catches every now and then! I'm falling apart!

Today, I met my friend Irish Tony in town and went down to the South Bank and having not been there in such a long time saw that Wagamama, Strada and Giraffe as well as Foyles and a funny little DVD/CD shop(Missy keeps on mentioning this shop) had appeared down there. After lunch at Wagamama's, it was then off to 'Undercover Surrealism' at the Hayward Gallery. Pretty good exhibition as it turns out.

I am still struggling with reading 'Status Anxiety' by Alain De Boton so instead have started reading 'Millions of Women Are Waiting to Meet You: A Story of Life, Love and Internet Dating' by Sean Thomas, which is a much easier read that is not to say I won't stop reading 'Status Anxiety' though. My own attempts at internet dating have been absolutely rubbish, if I do manage to exchange a few messages with a girl who I like the look of and she sort likes the look of me it just seems to peter out without ever meeting. I have yet to have been on a date through internet dating despite my best efforts which clearly are just not good enough for the thousands of thousands of women in London. I guess I don't live in the right postcode for women on the dating site I joined.

I also did my graphic novel run and came away with two which I will talk about when I've had a chance to look at them in detail.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I've had a few wildly unsuccessful (yet sometimes hysterically funny) attempts at internet dating myself. I think it works for some people, but I mostly found it to be a lot of people I wouldn't have connected with in real life anyway.

Exercise, yuck! I'm just about to get started again with my running program which was interrupted by pneumonia just as I was (sort of) getting somewhere.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I hope the exercise puts you in a good mood.
I thought about reading that Allain de Boton book - I saw the documentary and it was interesting.
I've met nice people over the internet - it was nice, when I had the courage to actually introduce myself face-to-face...once I set a date with a guy but I couldn't face him...well, I was 14, it was scary! ;)

3:48 PM  
Blogger missy said...

I haven't done internet dating sites really but I have met people online through mIRC (mensa channel) ICQ (wow, this was ages ago!), macintosh chat room (we all meet for the mac expo every year- how geeky is that!), and recently, I met someone from skype. All very good meetings really!

I was talking to my friend last night about speed dating- which I haven't done either. She said it's quite fun!

Hey, maybe I can fix you up ;-) Liz is lovely!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

Cardiac Exercise Programme and Internet Dating, mmm...Didn't take men one thing at a time? On the other hand, love matters + trivia -ie. nice lookings- are for sure cause of anxiety these days: it's a troubled but sure way of not finding sense to life.

11:38 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

all of my internet dating experiences went horrifically awry. of course, i was in high school at the time.

a little bit in college.

if anything, though, it helped *tremendously* in trying to figure myself out - i became a lot more open because of it.

anything you do will help you grow.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home