Friday, May 05, 2006

Entry?

How much of your inner monologue makes it out in some shape or form?

Do you express it all on here or in some other way?

Do you purge all the troubles of the day by exercise?

Can a hot bath or shower really wash everything away and not just metaphorically?

Is reading and watching events unfold a way to try and find answers to our own questions?

Does poetry and a certain beat or note in music surpass and transcend all worries for the moment that it lasts?

Is human experience an attempt to collect and experience moments of transcendence and that is why we go through the motions of life each and everyday hoping to collect those moments?

Despite the weather being fantastic, my mind is not at ease and it is questions like those above that occupy my thoughts amongst others. I'm not sure what would happen if somebody did have all the answers to my questions. I'd really be stuck then without my pseudo prententious musings on experiencing life in the universe.

I write sentences in my Moleskine notebook either as sentences or paragraphs for some future use that are actually indicative of my state of mind at that given time. Here's one...

'The light had started to fade on that which had once consumed his interest and defined his being, now all that was left was a body devoid of meaning and searching vainly for a reason to be.'

(What a happy person!)


ADDED AT 6.30 pm I also worry that I am fast becoming a dull person.

6 Comments:

Blogger x said...

1.very little of it
2. only what i can get hold of and turn it into something coherent
3. no way
4. no
5.many many times, for me, yes
6. yes, for a while, but it's so good while it lasts.
7. that too, but it must be more than moments of transcendence. mundane things are sometimes important.

these are my answers to your questions, not your answers to your questions.
you are not dull at all. no way.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, good idea, chloe. Here goes for me:

1. Not much - no sense in the WHOLE world knowing I'm a bit odd
2. Other ways too
3. It does help a ton, but right now I can't really breathe
4. No, but baths are nice
5. Yes, but active participation is necessary sometimes too. Can't just watch, waiting for answers - must seek and find sometimes too.
6. Sometimes, yes
7. Too long an answer for this space, but would be happy to discuss further :) I read an article about happiness today that made me thing about this too.

You are not dull!!!

2:46 AM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Oh this is fun...

1) Um, whatever comes naturally. If I let it all out, I'm sure someone would section me.
2)I express it in all sorts of different ways
3)I wish I did, or could. I used to run, that helped.
4)No - but it's a good start
5)Yes, but as Stephanie says you also need to participate in life
6)It can do, it depends. There are great memories is some songs that just make me smile
7)Everything is a benefit, even moments of silence and stillness

And no, I don't think you're becoming dull...

7:01 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I've just come from changing the babe's diaper and gotten poo on my fingers. Unfortuantely that is about as deep as I can be right now. In fact, I probably should not have even posted this comment at all and just moved on...but I am honest and I appreciate honesty and openess in blogs; I can sense it; yours is a very honest blog. And honesty is never boring.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Not dull at all, that's a great post, Finn! :)
I will try to give you my vision of things:
1. I should probably try to express more of it, maybe it would stop for a second.
2. Sometimes but I'm very careful about what I post.
3. Exercise makes me feel good but it doesn't purge anything.
4. The baths don't purge anything either but the hot water softens me when I'm angry.
5. Yes, I'm very observative and I believe that listening is way better than speaking.
6. Of course and very often!
7. I think you're right about that. I wish I could forget about everything else and focus on that search for those moments.
I have a Moleskine too :) I hope you never have all the answers...

4:21 PM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

I like that random thought you wrote, I actually felt like the invisible object of the composition...Well, when a life is such thing without love,isn't it? Anyway, with regard to your profound questions I am positive you've got the answers, at least the ones that could work out for you in a given moment of your very unique life. Bonne chance.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home