Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Busy, Kind of, Sort of Bee

Last week I kept fairly busy again with the almost weekly visit to a hospital of some sort for something or other(this one discharged me...one less to go to now!) and had numerous lunches, a group dinner and took in a movie too.

The movie was 'The Squid and the Whale' which had two well cast 'child' actors who looked right but also acted very well too. Jeff Daniels hiding behind a beard and the ever excellent Laura Linney played a New York Literary couple whose marriage disintegration is played out in front of their two sons who deal with it in their own unique ways. Anna Paquin is present as the young temptress a role she played in "25th Hour" too, will somebody give her a role other than temptress or mutant? The film was set in the early 80's and other than the odd miniscule detail here and there captured the period.

One of the lunches was a home cooked 3 course Italian meal which was indeed delicious but also just way too much food. I couldn't eat again until much much later in the day and even then that was just a slice of bread!

I found the group dinner rather stressful I'm not sure if that was because I didn't know that many people and the noise from one guest was loud, loud, loud! I wonder if said guest's loud, brashness is alcohol induced or an act to mask their insecurities or just plain old fashioned attention seeking.

I also got a little job drawing up a sofa that incorporates three different elements from three different sofas into one. As one person I spoke to over the weeked named it...a 'Frankensofa' if you will.

So my life is not all rock n'roll but then again was it ever?

This week see's me taking a 'Walking Test' as part of my much delayed Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme and delivering the Frankensofa drawings.

11 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

Sounds much more interesting than my week! It's good to keep busy sometimes, no time to moan and remoan about our problems.
I love Jeff Daniels :) I feel like seing a film now.
Frankensofa sounds great, I hope it turns out well. Have a good week and walk nicely :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Glad to hear you've been discharged, and I love the Frankensofa!!! Hope it all turns out fabulously.

Will you bring back the dogs?

1:54 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Wow; A Frankensofa! Will they be sold in stores soon? Or is this a one-of-a-kind sofa that would be way out of reach for IKEA types?

2:00 AM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

we could use this Frankensofa in my new flat. And you are right about Anna. So young, and already so typcast. nice to see her without the streak of white though.

9:21 AM  
Blogger missy said...

I can't wait to see that film! :-)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ooooh - maybe you can brand this? A new side project? Instead of three sofas, maybe 2 sofa elements, and a third, non-related thing. I'd like to incorporate this sofa, that sofa, and...a potted plant? Sorry - couldn't think of something more interesting. Glad to hear the recovery is going well. I'm off to the doctor myself today :(

3:40 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

ooh, the squid and the whale! i wanted to watch that, too. i'll have to get it from netflix or the library, i suppose.

oof, and your homecooked italian meal sounds delicious.... *sigh* i'm hungry.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Steve House said...

rock n roll lives are over rated

9:00 PM  
Blogger x said...

maybe you can do a set of frankenfurniture and i promise you i am going to buy them all.
good luck with the walking test xx

9:34 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Perhaps you have a future in furnature design...

8:39 PM  
Blogger fb said...

The Walking Test was like a Shuttle run but walking and I didn't do as well as I thought I would.

The sofa will be a one off just for the client's flat provided they make it.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home