Sunday, March 05, 2006

Things I have done this weekend...

Well, the PC died on Friday and is supposedly being looked at today but this post comes from a terminal in an Internet Cafe on the Tottenham Court Road. So this the first time I've been inside an Internet Cafe so I can say I've done something new this weekend!

On Saturday I had the opportunity to go at a flatwarming but ultimately didn't go having sabotaged myself. I only came to realise that I had sabotaged myself later in the evening...if I had been so concerned about going I would have left at 7 and not 8. When I got to the station at 811 the train to London was leaving the platform...the next train was not for at least another half an hour besides which I'd then have to wait for another train on the ghost line The Silverlink to take me closer to my destination so in the end I stayed in. Naturally I get a text message informing me that there were plenty of 'lovely single girls' in attendance...oh well.

I finally got a phonecall from the hospital in regard to my check up at the Brompton and now have a date for the beginning of next month! I'm not quite sure what happened to my 6 week check up, mine is more like a 15 week check up!

I realise this post has no real order to it as I spit out whatever random thoughts have been occupying or torturing my mind. I am here in London without a plan loosely to buy another sketch book and a plastic palette but have already naughtily bought myself two CD's. Perhaps because I shouldn't buy DVDs and CDs I do...on the strength of the Guardian's recommendations I have bought Neil Diamond's '12 Songs' and because I just end up downloading tracks off his album I may as well get the album Kanye West's 'Late Registration'.

Next I shall probably um and er over books in one of the multitude of bookstores on Charing Cross Road but also i must goa nd feed myself somewhere. Will I be cultural this afternoon? A gallery? An exhibition? A movie? I haven't made up my mid yet...oh yes shoe research in Covent Garden as well needs to be done!

I came to another realization on arrival at Tottenham Court Road, one never knows when a moment of clarity will suddenly strike you or perhaps its because I know my birthday is coming up that I get maudlin. When I turned 30 I had two of my happiest years professionally...Yes! I used the work happy! However outside of work there wasn't much else going on but I was too tired from work to care anyway and was just overjoyed to be swept along by the career path I had started upon. Then came being 33 and the work dried up and I discovered I'd got the work'play/life outside of work balance horribly wrong and of course then the drama of having a literally 'broken heart' and now as I near the 34th year of my life its still rather unstructured and aimless but we shall see...

By my standard this seems like bit of a ramble and hope you've made it this far and that I've kept your attention...

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

The path of self-discovery may be winding, but it seems like you recognize the need to watch and enjoy as much as possible along the way....from one 34 year old to another...:)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

finn, it seems that this weekend is about random posting! I thought I'd be very busy this weekend with all the things that need sorting out in the house plus my knee needs resting and yet, I've managed to putter about not accomplishing much. But I have half a day still so there's hope yet.

When's your birthday?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a super weekend! I bought a CD too, by a band called Shearwater.

I wouldn't call myself happy these days, but I can say "not unhappy." You're back out in the world & the work'll be back soon.

When's the Birthday?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

So when are we having tea?

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home