Monday, March 13, 2006

Busy week

Last week I kept myself busy...

Monday - Don't remember

Tuesday - Sight Test ordered new glasses

Wednesday - Went to The Design Museum and saw British Designer of the Year Exhibition, runaway favourite with the public is Jamie Hewlett of Gorillaz fame.














Also watched Liverpool limply lose to Benfica and thus exit the Champions League.

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Went to Pinewood Studios and hung out with people I have learnt from and
people I have worked with and intend to work with in the future and had a great time and got a lift home which was a bonus.

Saturday - Rest Day, new glasses already ready...so collected them.

Sunday - Met one of my visitors to this Blog, Ladymissmarquise and went to Gothic Nightmares at Tate Britain and was impressed with the ink and wash drawings and thought about the similarities in subject matter to contemporary comic book art and how even now we still like a good scary story. Some of the names of witches and some the images of myths and legends could be linked to modern imagery from Star Wars...no, really.


Read 'A Matter of Death and Life' by Andrey Kurkov which had its moments.
'Be a Man' by Jeffrey Brown which made me laugh.


Not enamoured by the fact that all my playlists and music on my iPod no longer exist on this PC because I had to reinstall iTunes and it was naturally blank...haven't dared to plug iPod into the PC yet.


I did have more detailed thoughts and things to say as those events unfolded on a daily basis but without access the thoughts just came and went so instead you get a list...sorry.


In regards to matters of hospitals I really cannot fault the care while I was there but the post operative care of scheduling appointments and sending letters of referral has been completely and utterly shambolic (to put it politely) and after numerous phonecalls has finally started to be resolved...sheesh!

11 Comments:

Blogger Steve House said...

Good to know your keeping yourself busy. I have chased around after kids all week. I have been shattered by 8pm all week

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Funny that. I have been chasing kids around, too!

Looks like a good week to me! How was it like meeting up with one of your blog guests?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Be wary of those iTunes...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Your week sounds just great. And meeting blog friends must be nice.

I so wish that London were closer; we do not have good galleries to visit here; I absolutely love the National Gallery and the Tate.

4:59 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i, too, would love to live in london! anyplace with great public transportation.

*le sigh*

3:10 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

That sounds like an interesting week, much more than mine :)
Pinewood studios reminded me of something...
Good luck with the iPod and Liverpool will survive :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good week. How's this one going? Good luck with the itunes. Luckiley I had not had mine very long when my entire laptop died...had to reload EVERYTHING :(

11:50 AM  
Blogger fb said...

esuoh
Although this week i haven't felt like doing much of anything.

missy
It was very easy and relaxed meting up for coffee and then onto a gallery.

erikku
With a cautiously cautiously approach I sent an email enquiry to Apple and got the answer I feared.

Cathy
But then you do have the inspiration of nature surrounding you.

Kimberlina
You have monster mutant spiders, mysterious shrinking strip joints and great weather.

Devilmood
What did pinewood Studios remind you of?

Stephanie
Well i suppose I could jusat change the 'maual updates' so that everything doesn't get deleted or I could just start all over again...

12:08 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I don't know. Something famous...over there...no? I can't remember but it doesn't sound new to me.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Finn, I just heard, Liverpool won 5-1: Morientes, Fowler and Crouch scored! LOL That's enough to make you laugh :) There's a saying here in Portugal that says something like: there's not hunger than doesn't bring plenty of food...

10:15 PM  
Blogger fb said...

I suppose i'm meant to say Pinewood Film Studios but forget the film bit because it's just Pinewood to me now...

Ha ha Liverpool won...and all the strikers had a part to play...just do it again please!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home