Sunday, March 05, 2006

Back where I began...

I have ended up where I started but learnt a few things along my way.

The PC is off to be repaired and should be back in a few days but is that a 'few days' normal time or repair time?

That I'm quite tired from walking around.

That there are no rules to graphic novels and the art can be polished, erratic or done in any medium you like. You just need something to say. Of course that means I'm still procrastinating as to finding my style and my characters and most importantly some sort of subject!

It will be a purchase for the future but I read a copy of 'Nufonia Must Fall' in Borders today by Kid Koala and am pretty sure its a book that some of you might enjoy or at least enjoy leafing through if you can find it.

More self realizations from walking around I am my own worst enemy I talk myself out of doing or trying many things by anticiapating what could possibly be the worst case scenario. In this way I am being overly cautious or preventing myself from achieviing my potential.

I am a creative genius who has not quite found the right way because he's lost in his own creative genius. (PLEASE TAKE THE AFORE MENTIONED DELUSIONAL STATEMENT WITH A PINCH OF SALT! ;) )

That's it for a few days...unless I find myself in another Internet Cafe soon.

So yes it was most definitely worth getting out of the (jail)house and having a wonder around booksrores, music stores and watching all the people out and about.

7 Comments:

Blogger Devil Mood said...

I'm sorry about your computer - I hope you get it back soon.
"Getting out" from wherever we usually are is a great way to look at things in a new perspective. I don't doubt that you're lost in your creative geniusness; you probably just need to trust yourself more so you won't antecipate the bad things all the time. Good luck with that ;)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Steve House said...

Sometimes its best to take a risk. Sometimes its not good at all. The trouble is you dont know until you take the risk.

Quick question though, are you a risk taker when experimenting with different styles and trying to perfect things that dont usually work?

2:58 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sorry about your computer :( Hope it's back and better than ever, or you can at least get your things from it and get a new one somehow.

Before I forget, here's a timely thing I found via my myspace bulletins this weekend:
http://blog.myspace.com/briankvaughan
In case this doesn't get to you for a while, I'm referring to his March 3rd post.

9:00 PM  
Blogger The Red Menace said...

Nufonia Must Fall is a great book! Slash cd. I saw Kid Koala tour for that and since it was a book tour rather than an album tour it was done in movie theatres, so we actually got to sit down, which was perfect for the low key melancholy of the soundtrack. Congrats on getting out and having what sounds to be reasonably lovely day.

11:55 PM  
Blogger x said...

i like it when you walk around, you end up writing more!
I hope the computer is back soon but then again, these walks do you good. xx

11:54 PM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

I have the impression you are just being a bit hard on yourself; you have been going through a strong thing too recently, I'll try not to be impatient in fixing up all my life just in a couple of days. Take one step at a time and take the current situation to enjoy the most valuable gift you possess: your own life and all its richness.

And also if you can remember that life is full of surprises everywhere and it is certain that "when the pupil is ready, the master appears".

Good luck!

12:04 PM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

hello! i think you are not giving yourself enough credit. i see movement, creativly and otherwise. we can never be at the same place that we started, it is impossible. i hope you think that is a good thing; keep being brave fb!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home