Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Can you hear me?















Instruments of work that have not been used in anger for a while now guarded by three ninjas...look carefully they are there! For those that really want to know there are 0.3, 0.5. ,0.7, 0.9mm pencils which will probably have to morph into an Apple computer of some sort sooner than later...

I am convinced that my valve is ticking louder than normal...it probably isn't but I just think it is. Its been 7 weeks I'm sure I should have had my check after 6 weeks and did call to ask and have been told that they will look into it...guess who I'm calling tomorrow!

I have been receiving mail and not change to this credit card or pay us this amount by this date but CD's and books from Chloe and Stephanie! Although quite how the Boston things got here quite so quickly is bit of a shock...4 days by the Postal Service...are they trying to put Fed Ex out of business?!

I visited the newly opened Apple Store in the shopping centre I got taken to last week but as is quite often my strange way of shopping I looked but did not buy. I made note what cases were available and have since been reading reviews online at the Apple Store UK and Apple Store US. What one person rates another dislikes with a passion. Or hey don't get a case just be really really careful...hmmm. I have called in help on the matter see NM...not sure when I'll next get to an Apple Store but will probably get some sort of protective membrane for my iPod.

I finally saw the Cruise/Spielberg version of 'War of the Worlds' and thought the first hour or so was great...but then it started to run of steam and it felt like messrs Cruise and Spielberg were bored and ready to move onto their next projects. Visually, the red veined landscape was everything that 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory''s Chocolate Room should have been.Then at the end of the film God/Morgan Freeman has to do a voice-over to explain the whole ending to the viewer because the film just didn't really tell us what happened visually.

I also watched 'Once Were Warriors' (1994) directed by Lee Tamahori (who is currently in the news for all the wrong reasons), I'd heard good things about this film when it was released...12 years ago but never got around to seeing it. It's one of those brutal character studies of a genre sometimes called 'kitchen sink dramas'. The story is about a woman of Maori heritage trying to keep her family together under the rule of her husband who becomes increasingly abusive and violent under the influence of drink. The acting is very very good and it shows that New Zealand is not just Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings'/'King Kong' sweeping vistas...if you're familiar with 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones'...you will see a famiiar face pre Star Wars.

I wonder what they'll send me next...

Do they call their blogs...'le Blog' in France?

19 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Here's to great friends and great films...

1:12 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

They are tiny, but very, very powerful! Thanks for posting the pic :)

1:28 AM  
Blogger x said...

looking and not buing is the correct way of shopping.
War of the Worlds cracked me up. Especially the last scene where his ex wife's family comes out of the house intact, wearing comfortable cardigans and all while everybody else in the city is in rags.
I love your pencils. This picture is as yummy to me as cheescake.

10:05 AM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Oui, blogs in French ARE called le blog; there's a huge conference every year called LES BLOGS (sorry, geeky answer)

Haven't seen War of the Worlds yet, but went and saw Libertine with Johnny Depp impromptu last week.
Very grim, but highly entertaining!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Steve House said...

I can only find two ninja's and its le blogging me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought the only good thing to come out of War of the Worlds was Dakota Fanning. She's just amazing.

10:00 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Have you seen the Pencil Revolution?

I'm the same with gadgets... I do lots and lots of surfing and researching before buying. I am very impulsive with books, music, and film, though. Have you seen the changes in the south bank area- royal festival hall? There's a good dvds and cds shop there...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I think they probably do call it "le blog", I know I call mine "o blog". I hope you get your valve checked because it can't be good to you worrying about it - but I'm sure you'll be fine.
I love that box of pencils :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Love the ninjas. Sounds like you are mending well ... how long until you are allowed to work again, or do other normal stuff ?? Look after yourself, take care, Meow

8:58 AM  
Blogger fb said...

Cathy
Will watch not so great films too...but no great films get deleted.

Stephanie
Thanks for sending them!

Chloe
Hey what can I say they got a better way of living in Boston than New York?!

Ladymissmarquise
I haven't seen 'The Libertine' but I take it that's a recommendation...Willy Wonka does the nasty?!

nevets
niaga kool. ereht era yeht.

cinthia
Dakota Fanning is very good...I've seen her in 'Man on Fire' too as well.

Missy
Ta for the link. Haven't been to South Bank still a bit far for me to venture on my lonesome...its a big hard world out there and I'm not fully operational yet...system is still rebooting.

Devil
Have called the hospital and they're going to get back to me, you can't have them...my pencil box ;)

Meow
Probably another month or so till I can go back out into the world and look for work...arghhhh!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Perhaps you should check the warranty. ^_^

That wasn't insensitive was it? I was just trying to be funny.

3:40 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Let me know if you need company..

11:02 PM  
Blogger Steve House said...

meht ees I.

Lleb Nnif si eman sraw rats ruoy

Thats very cool

12:16 PM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Ooooh and does he ever do the nasty!
Well worth seeing it, if drunken debauchering Englishmen entertain you!

John Malkovitch is very good as well, as is Samantha Morton.

5:36 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Missy
Most definitely would like to be accompanied by you, please!

Nevets
Looc

Ladymissmarquise
I'm still not convinced I want to see Johnny's buttocks!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

I do the same, I enjoy the most wandering around in the shops and I then not buying a thing. It may be a way to test my resiliency :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger missy said...

And if you can handle it, we can see the Dan Flavin at the Hayward Gallery and watch the BFI special on American Structural Film.

11:01 AM  
Blogger fb said...

Missy you're on...in two weeks...going to pencil you into my diasry and will send an email to you asap.

2:34 PM  
Blogger missy said...

fb,

I'm off to Spain in a couple of weeks... thanks for the email, btw.

missy

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home