Saturday, January 21, 2006

You can do it!

I may change my mind again tomorrow or some time next week but I have resolved for the time being that once I am technically recovered to see what the lay of the land is.

I do not want to change career after working so damn hard to get my foot in the door and onto the proverbial ladder. Sure Gordon Brown has screwed up the film industry but surely they'll see their mistakes, they won't admit them though being politicians.

So despite all my claims at finding something else to do or retraining for something completely different I doubt that will be the case. Oh, I'll still moan about the injustice of the tax breaks to UK Film production but I wanted in and I got in...so I lost most of last year to poor health but I can come back.

I've made contacts I know people who know people...

;)

Besides which I don't want to portray myself as a completely miserable bastard otherwise nobody will want to speak to me or possibly cross that threshold of meeting me in the non-blog world...

Such an extreme post in comparison to the last one...


Rocky: I can't do it.
Adrian: What?
Rocky: I can't beat him.
Adrian: Apollo?
Rocky: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league.
Adrian: What are we gonna do?
Rocky: I don't know.
Adrian: You worked so hard.
Rocky: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.
Adrian: Don't say that.
Rocky: Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

'Rocky' (1976) written by Sylvester Stallone

One more thing...'YO ADRIAN!'

14 Comments:

Blogger Steve House said...

ADRIAAANN!!!!

To be in film sounds very cool, what is it you do, Im guessing from previous posts something arty

4:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You can do it!
(sings Rocky Theme aloud)

9:39 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Whatever you do... Y.C.D.I.!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

My mood has extremes like that too. But it's okay, as long as you keep it upbeat most of the time. Total support from this corner of Europe :)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

"Risin' up, back on the street,
Did my time, took my chances.

Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet.
Just a man and his will to survive."

"Eye of the Tiger" -- Survivor

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone....I can see all obstacles hm hm hmmmmm....

2:15 AM  
Blogger Steve House said...

Fantatsic a singsong...

"Im singin in the rain, jsut singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling I'm ...."

12:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh, I love the idea of a singsong..
"the more we get together, together, together, the more we get together the happier we'll be, 'cause your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends...." :} just tell me if this is annoying...

1:38 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I cheated by Googling the lyrics.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

mine's an instrumental :(

4:35 PM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

I think I'd have to agree with Stephanie. I got a bit tipsy on the weekend (alright, a LOT tipsy) and listened to cheesy music until the early hours of the morning with my housemates.

I've got Sweet Child of Mine in my head... you really don't want me to share.

Really.

5:27 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

my goal:

librarian.

right now i am processing claims for a healthcare company that loves me. i will be utilizing their paychecks to fund my other career.

i cannot wait.

:D

2:00 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i meant that in a you-can-do-it there's-always-a-way-to-do-what-you-want kind of way. :)

2:00 AM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

and thirdly, TAG!

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home