Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Telephone Aversion

I am developing a telephone aversion...I just don't want to answer mobiles or landlines. I don't want to speak to anybody, I do and I don't. I am bored of talking about how I am and of my operation yet it defines who I am and what I am to be.

This is not a healthy state to be in as has been pointed out to me here I do need human interation other than just online.

That is not to say I want all of you to stop coming here and leaving comments or answering questions without you this blog would cease to exist. I want you tou all to keep coming back and to keep on commenting.

I went through The Guardian Job secretion yesterday and was invariably drawn towards the jobs that mentioned film and television but was also surprised at the number of Graphic Design vacancies. However should I wish to work in Publishing or Marketing it looks like I'll have to go back to school.

That said I have requested numerous prospectuses today from various Art Schools to find out more about Illustration, Graphic Design and Ceramics courses.

I also continue to tentatively search Property sites for somewhere to live...although the big flaw in that plan is how will I pay my rent!?

Freelance is not really a way to live...it may be time to grow up.

Oh and I better go for a walk with my imaginary dog (I have a Border Collie today) as part of my recuperation and physiotherapy at home.


Claire Colburn: Do you ever just think I'm fooling everybody?
Drew Baylor: You have no idea.

'Elizabethtown' (2005) Writer/Director Cameron Crowe

10 Comments:

Blogger lady miss marquise said...

My telephone aversion is legendary, which I'm trying to overcome. My friends are bored to tears and frustrated by my inability to talk on the phone so don't worry. As long as you're still communicating, however or whatever the outlet you're fine

And what's the border collie's name?

3:23 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You're an excellent artist. I suggest you look into graphic design.

Oh, and don't imagine up a Golden Retriever, they'll run you to death. Unless it's an old one, of course. ^_^

3:49 PM  
Blogger x said...

i hate talking on the phone to the point that i sometimes pretend not to be me. I say i am my sister and end the phonecall.
However, it's not with everybody. There are some people i avoid. or rather, i don't avoid about 5 people.
I will never stop coming to your blog.
You can speak when you feel like it. But i have missed your jokes (MSN i mean).
xx

3:59 PM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

i love your imaginary dog. i think you should use it to pick up chicks at a real park.

everything goes in phases; enjoy each phase for the angst it lets you get away with, but search for a long term happy phase. it is there!

and as you know, looks like most of us agree, just say no to the Mo(bile)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am on the phone ALL DAY at work, so at home I never answer it unless I'm expecting a call. I usually don't even here it because it's not charged or still in my purse or whatever.

Go out in the world and live...and then come back and tell us all about it :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Maaaaaan. I meant hear. I soooo know the difference between hear and here.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

did you really mean job "secretion" or was this a Freudian slip? :)

1:00 AM  
Blogger fb said...

ladymissmarquise

The border collie is called Skip. We could try telepathy as a form of communication...

erriku

Thank you...no Golden Retriever for me then.

chloe

I can't fool anybody its not me on the telephone my 'dulcet' tones are a dead giveaway.

missgolondon

You mean go to the park and ask random Misses to help me look for my dog!? So you're another one trying to develop their telepathic communication skills too...

stephanie

Do you get hot ear from using the phone all day? Don't know what mobile/cell phone culture is like in the States but here kids know how to use a mobile before they can walk. Me I just had a Speak n Spell growing up...

cathy

Guilty as charged...yes I did mean 'secretion'.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you're not the only one who hates talking on the telephone. Count me in, too! I avoid making calls, answering calls and returning calls. For me, the biggest reason is that I feel like I rarely have anything interesting to say about my life.

Particularly when I'm stuck in a rut, there's no way I want to bore people on the phone with my blah existence. I'd rather wait till I've got something new to say and then I just email it, or I just let all the news accumulate and then a couple of months later, I meet up with my friends to let them know in person. Then I can look like I have a more fascinating life. :)

2:36 AM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

Oh yes, try calling *Skip! Skip* whilst looking very worried, and when you come across some attractive ladies ask them if they've seen your border collie. Or German Shepherd. Or whatever dog you have that day.

Just make sure you've brought the right leash...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home