Sunday, January 01, 2006

1st January 2006

Blog pressure! The first post of the first day of the first month of a new year. This had better be a witty anecdote optimistic entry full of promise and a bright sunshiney outlook.

I actually deleted a whole chunk of text about not liking New Year's Eve because lets face it nobody wants to read about somebody complaining.

I don't know where I'm going yet in 2006, I'm not certain of what I want to achieve, I'm not even sure I want to continue down the same career path or if it is still a path that is available to me.

I know that I must move away from where I am living at present but to where exactly I couldn't say.

I know that I need some confidence and self-belief.

I know that I need some direction in my life.

I know that there are no certainties and that I am not indestructible.

I will try and do things that will be interesting for my visitors to read about on my Blog.

Also I learnt that if you have something to say to somebdy use the telephone and not to spend hours on messenger when I could be using that time more productively. So IM is off my things to do on a computer except very very occassionally.

So this year I want to rediscover the man that I was becoming two years ago (he was full of confidence and when he smiled the world smiled with him and then he disappeared) and be an ever better one...

10 Comments:

Blogger miss goLondon said...

that there are no certainties, and an awareness of our mortality, could be the place where you begin a challenging, positive, balanced and energetic path. Be risky, be lieve, in yourself, and live for the moment.

let's both smile loads more, beginning now!

hope you are feeling good.

3:59 PM  
Blogger x said...

i agree with everything you said and hope you are going to do all the things you need to do. But I'm sorry about your IM resolution! How am i going to talk to you! :)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I had started typing this really long reply...but you will find that person again :) Pick one little thing at at time and go to it.

I second chloe on the IM thing though. I think that's the only way I talk to anyone these days.

10:46 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Miss GoLondon

I'm in agreement. Let's not let London suck the smile out of us...sometimes it does that to you.

Chloe

I didn't say I wouldn't use IM ever ever again...I'm just going to limit it.

Stephanie

IM has its place especially when telephoning is not that easy. Long answers are always welcome and they don't always have to be on the blog...

10:56 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

I certainly know what you mean cause I find myself not knowing what to do and I know this year I'll have to find some sort of direction. I also have to avoid wasting my time in the computer when I should be working. It's almost unavoidable...Well, happy new year and good luck on your quest! :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

fb;
Can I be cheeky and say you should move to Boston?
I have never been a user of IM, so I'm with you on this one.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Good luck in your quest. :) It is an admirable one.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I hope you are successful in your resolutions, Finn. ^_^

Take care!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

i used to insane on the computer. very frightening. and i'm not saying the computer and the internet are bad. but i became so much happier as a person when i stopped staying up till 5 am online.

and not just from the sleep deprivation. ;)

*hug* happiest of new years to you!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

Finn, I suspect you are quite exceptional and you possess and extraordinary sensitivity too -apart of having studied Art that say a lot in your favour-. You'll get there, I am sure about it :-)

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home