Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Visitors

Today I had three visitors, all female, all lovely in their own ways.

My mother had got a bit excited and went to some effort in getting cakes and making little sandwiches.

We laughed, we talked about my operation, we talked about people we've worked with and places people went for the holidays.

And they talked about the men they fancy and the men they find attractive.

Why do women feel comfortable to talk about these things around me? How do they know I won't go and tell the men that they fancy them? What am I meant to do when they start talking about men? What am I an honorary girl?

That gripe aside it was good to see them...

EDIT - 2102h I am John Cusack's 'Lloyd Dobler' in 'Say Anything'...

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

My role in life is usually comic sidekick to the leading lady. Giver of advice on "what she really means when she says that." Is that the girl-equivalent? Do you fancy any of them?

2:21 AM  
Blogger miss goLondon said...

how are you feeling? i wish the weather was more cooperative for thoser recouperative walks you need. it may be warm and cosy, but you need sun and blue sky for mood and vitamin benefits. thinking of you! miss gl

4:47 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

These ladies obviously value your company and thoughts/opinions on your fellow men. Unless you want to be more than friends with them you should be flattered. :) Take care of yourself. *hug*

5:54 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Stephanie (Boston) - don't really really fancy them but they're not bad...does that sound terrible?

Miss Golondon - Welcome Back! I have now taken to marching on the spot for 15 minutes! I think I'll try Peter Kay/Tony Christie 'Is this the way to Amarill' style next to amuse myself!

Stephanie (Canad, Brighton + London) Since you put it that way...you're right...ta!

7:11 PM  
Blogger x said...

these friends trust you Finn that's why they tell you these things. That's good. The opposite would be "oh let's go see Finn and hope he won't start babbling on about football again"

8:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

No, it doesn't sound bad. If you like them as friends, but don't fancy them, consider yourself honored to be in their confidence :)

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home