Friday, December 09, 2005

'STOP' / 'Beginning Dump of Physical Memory'

I had fully intended to burn some CDs today using iTunes only for the computer to go to a blue screen and tell 'Stop' messages and that it was 'Beginning physical dump to memory'.

This happened not once, not twice but thrice. Why oh why do I get grief!?

You think out the playlist, you put it in order and then iTunes screws it all up! Perhaps I should try Windows Media Player to burn CDs...

iTunes is just not working out for importing CDs nor burning CDs...aggravated, annoyed and irritated.

Whilst I think my iPod is great I'm not so enamoured with all the technical difficulties that the PC is having...it was fine for 1 week of transferring music and now its just become so damn tempermental. I never know for how long or how many tracks it'll read from a CD...

To quote another blog...

'le sigh' followed by pouty, screwed up iritated face.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Oh no, the dreaded blue screen. That happened to me twice, and thankfully I haven't seen it for months.

Whatever you do, I hope you are joking about Windows Media Player. I never use, for every time I attempted to, it never got off the ground.

To burn, give Realplayer a try.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Poor you!

5:09 PM  
Blogger x said...

get Nero to burn cds with. it's the easiest i think. at least that's what i use and it never gives me a hard time

5:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I feel your pain; I have just recently started using iTunes. I haven't had such problems yet, but thanks for the forewarning.

7:25 PM  
Blogger missy said...

Don't really know Windows PC but does click and drag not work?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

itunes had issues with my old laptop. By old though, I mean ancient, though it WAS technically running a valid operating system and everything. Not trouble with the new machine though (crosses fingers).

Also, another thought - do you stay current with your Windows updates?

5:32 PM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

ITunes is testing your levels of resiliancy, take it easy. It goes same than redt of life, especially relationships, so you have at least a device and not a person for all the trial-error thing. At the worst possible scenario you can always sing any song of your human memory, can't you? Cheers!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home