Wednesday, December 28, 2005

One week later...

I have been home for a week now although it seems like years ago that I was in the hospital. The main thing is to walk as much as possible each day to aid my recovery. However while I know some of you are in climates colder than 2 degrees or -1 degree...its just makes it plain damn difficult to want to go for a walk in the cold.

So instead I walk in a circle in the lower part of the house for 10 minutes which is not particulary interesting but it needs to be done.

My post operative operative information booklet also tells me that I must not lift, pull or push heavy objects and small children. I don't think you're meant to push or pull small children when you're well!?

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Take care, I'm glad you're doing well. Here's to a happy and healthy 2006.

2:44 PM  
Blogger lady miss marquise said...

You could always decorate the lower part of the house with different objects to make it more interesting. Although that would probably take up alot of energy.
And be pointless.

But at least it was a thought!

Hope all goes well with the recovery x

3:25 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Run errands, do laundry, clean the house -- that should cover about 10 min. of activity and you won't even realize it.

Glad to see you're doing fine. Maybe you'll recover quicker than they expect?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Go outside, take your camera?

Cold weather does kind of suck, but I always feel better if I can get out into the errrr....fresh (I'm in a city, so it's kind of relative)...air. I highly recommend wearing a silly earflap hat with snowflakes or reindeer on it for comic effect. It makes the cold go away.

2:09 AM  
Blogger missy said...

Oh darn... no one told me that!!

(About not pushing and pulling kids, I mean)

Here's to good health! I will send you some sunshine from Asia and will take it with me when I fly back to the UK on the fifth!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home