Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Just what does Bob Harris say to Charlotte?

At the moment I go to bed late and I rise late hence posting at such a ridiculous hour.

I have jet lag from normality.

Yesterday I watched '25th Hour' and then late or early depending on your perspective 'Lost in Translation'.

So what does Bob (Bill Murray) say to Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) before he leaves? Maybe it doesn't really matter.

All I could think was I wish I wasn't feeling 'Lost in London' or 'Lost in Limbo' or 'Lost in Life'. I guess winter has truly descended to cast its spell.

And I am reminded of another acquaintance every time I see Scarlett Johansson on screen...who I wish I could see more of...the acquaintance as well as Scarlett Johansson!

It's also been 12 years since I went to Japan...

And despite not being that old yet I could identify with the relationship that Bob and Charlotte share as something that I know with girls at least 12 years my junior.
There is a certain understanding and trust that will never go beyond a platonic surface friendship yet its still more than friends without being a full blown affair.

And maybe one day the request to 'Lip my Stockings' will be there.

Not really sure what this post is but I did it anyway because I felt like it.

Maybe its just my way of trying to be found or working out what I'm supposed to be...

Funny how the film didn't impress me in the cinema but has grown on me since...

Just looked back and i've been very busy posting here since August...quite surprised.

6 Comments:

Blogger kimberlina said...

i like that you can't hear what he says. it lets you put whatever you want. like a choose your own adventure. like, 'meet me in america.' or just something sweetly bittersweet.

i have conflicted feelings about this movie - i love the soundtrack and the visuals, but am turned off by all the old-hat asian jokes. haha. i've heard them all. not so funny.

really.

learry.

2:59 AM  
Blogger fb said...

Not as insulting as Mickey Rooney in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' though.

And my mother still can't say 'Roland Rat' ;)

There was atime I would have got upset by the old-hat Asian jokes but hey life is too short after all SOAS University in London is still The School of Oriental and African Studies surely School of Asian and African Studies would be more appropiate...

3:18 AM  
Blogger x said...

Finn
I just read your post and I wanted to say that I feel Lost in Athens too. And i realized a while ago, it has nothing to do with what you do or who you are with or your apartment or your paycheck. Some people don't fit in no matter what. It's okay though.
I believe he tells her "be strong, you are magnificent" something like that.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Lost in Boston too. I agree about the winter weather - seems to be a lot of melancholy to go around.

I need to see Lost in Translation again very soon.

Please stay busy blogging. I enjoy reading it :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

mickey rooney hurts so fucking bad.

i first saw breakfast at tiffany's 5 or so years ago. you should have seen my mouth drop when i first saw that...

1:56 AM  
Blogger missy said...

I agree with Chloe... some people just don't "fit in" and that's ok.

I guess I'm one of those... I'm still very much Lost in London.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home