Tuesday, November 29, 2005

'Haunted' by Chuck Palahniuk

This a novel made up of short stories, each story is a story by a group of strangers who are all on an 'artist's retreat' in an abandoned theatre.

What follows are stories that will horrify, amuse you and apall you.

There are some very quotable turns of phrase and some of these stories would make fantastic short films.

Overall though it was quite difficult to get involved with some of the characters and to feel for them.

I must admit to labouring over reading this unlike 'Motherless Brooklyn' which I read in just over a week.

Back to 'Haunted' there are some standout stories but overall it wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be.

2 Comments:

Blogger missy said...

I can't remember where I heard of this book but it's in my amazon shopping cart for awhile now. Thanks for the feedback, I think I'd take your word for it and spend the £9 on other books.

Have you read Strangehaven?

9:26 PM  
Blogger fb said...

Don't know that one...will look it up.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home