Wednesday, November 09, 2005

'The Consequences of Love' DVD

'The Consequences of Love' -'Le Conseguenze dell'amore'
Directed by Paolo Sorrentino Starring Toni Servillo, Olivia Magnani

A fifty year old man has resided in a Swiss hotel for the last 8 years. He keeps himself to himself. Why?

We start to learn the whys as the film progresses, there is a strange stillness and quietness to the film that is aided by its sense of style and an intriguing performance by its lead.

My favourite piece of dialogue:

'Shy people notice everything but they don't get noticed'

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I'll trade you a songs-to-look-for list (or perhaps actual songs themselves) for a movies-to-look-for list!

The dialog quote sums me up, I'm afraid.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm with Stephanie. That quote sums me up too. I see everything (but not dead people) and get noticed quite rarely.

2:12 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

thanks for the support with the pa-dukes.

(btw - that isn't really how we talk down yonder. really.)

:)

2:39 PM  
Blogger x said...

and by noticing everything we become better writers and artists, eh?
i hope so

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home