Thursday, October 27, 2005

Outhinking myself

In my attempts to find my way by looking at other peoples work I defeat myself.

In my attempts at finding my artistic style I think myself out of doing.

I see other peoples work and can say who has influenced their work yet there they are exhibiting or making a living from their copies of somebody elses work.

I must learn to stop trying to come up with original work and just go with it...and if it is like somebdoys else work so be it.

Study and copy the old masters to set yourself on a path...

3 Comments:

Blogger x said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:56 PM  
Blogger x said...

sorry! I posted the comment to the wrong post. Silly me.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Pepsicology said...

Hi Flyn! just go and do as many copies as you want, it's what all big masters did also, before finding their own path -or not-. The pressure for being original has reached such stupid heighs that I don't understand how artists can create anything with such kind of pressure. I reivindicate copying -and try not to be caught if you can help it ;-)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home