Saturday, October 15, 2005

Lifestyle envy

I just watched 'Ae Fond Kiss' which did have its moments and the leads were pretty good.

Despite being born, bred and sort of educated in England, I must admit at times to not quite understanding bits of dialogue that were in English with Scottish accents.

Nevertheless is it a sign of my age or my own personal financial situation that I was bothered by the FICTIONAL lead working seemingly only as a part time DJ yet having no financial worries. Then there was the female leads flat which seemed to be in a leafy street and really rather large for a single woman working as a teacher.

Could it be that my suspension of disbelief was compromised because it looked so close to my experiences of life in London...alright the film was set in Glasgow (where I've never been!) but had it been set in another country far far away would I have not been bothered by the lifestyle of a FICTIONAL character!

Or do you just get more for your money when you rent in Glasgow?

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

Finn stop concentrating on interiors!

6:06 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

haha! that's so awesome. are you unhappy with your current household size? sounds like something i'd notice. i hope it's not because of age.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I understand where you are coming from, but let it go. :) It was a beautiful film and just accept that Ken Loach doesn't have a firm grasp of the housing market in Glasgow. Have you seen Sweet Sixteen? That was amazing.

1:08 PM  
Blogger fb said...

I haven't seen 'Sweet Sixteen'.

Did watch 'Ping Pong' again though which is a Japanese film woth seeing for its comedy and drama.

I thougt Eva Birthistle was very good...

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home