Sunday, October 02, 2005

Constant Treadmill of Consumerism...

I just keep on finding new films to get on DVD before I've watched the ones I've just bought.

I know what books I want to get next before I've read the ones that I've already got.

I'm thinking about the drawing pen I'm going to need before the one in my hand has run out of ink.

I am already wondering how I'll get a new CD whilst I listen to the one that I've just receieved in the post today.

The dates of release for new books, DVDs, CDs, comic books, video games are remembered with greater clarity than people's birthdays.

4 Comments:

Blogger x said...

insatiable! that's what you are Finn.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You know what you need, Finn?

You need to quit your job, go to Tibet, and become a monk! After a month of that...

...you will realize how foolish you were and go back to the consumerist trough with the rest of us.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

But you are consuming art so that can't be too bad... :) If you were talking about buying cars, ties or gadgets then I would be worried.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'll second the first Stephanie. It's ART. I always try to buy as directly from the artist as I can, or an independent bookstore, music store, etc. If I have to give someone my money....and for music, books movies, I just HAVE to...I try to keep as much of it in the little guy's pocket as I can. Generally cheaper for me that way too :)

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home