Saturday, September 24, 2005

Do most people really go out on Saturday?

Do most people really go out on Saturday? I've never really been one to drink or to go out on Satyrday, I'll stay in and curse my lack of iniative in not going out and hitting on girls or whatever it is I'm meant to be doing.

I'm sure everybody else is out there having a wild time while I'm at home either watching a DVD, surfing the net or waiting for Match of the Day to come on.

I have the telephone numbers of women I'd like to spend an evening with but I don't call and ask them out because I am 'friend' and not potential suitor. I wonder why I keep falling into that particular category, it can be demoralising to be 'friend' at times.

Saturdays come and go much the same as every other, I cannot remember a truly memorable Saturday. But I guess we go with what it is that we want to do or do. Some just follow the crowd and go out because everybody else doing it. Do some of those who are out with the crowds actually not want to be there but are there because they're 'friends' are there?

My plans for today? None so far...

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

I never used to like going out on Saturdays, especially because everywhere it's packed and you can't even stand. Also, to me, going out on Saturdays is a cultural obligation and therefore not very entertaining. Sometimes people drag me along but i prefer going out on Sunday or Thursday.
As for the friend part: It's wonderful to have a friend who calls you and wants to take you out and entertain you. I think women don't compartmentalize that much. You can easily turn from friend to suitor and vice versa.
I hope you have a nice Saturday night whatever you do.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I never go out on Saturdays, either.

Come to think of it, I don't really go out on any day.

I must kill my parents.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home