Sunday, August 07, 2005

Lost my confidence

I think it went missing at the beginning of 2004 or it was stolen.

I've lost my mojo to quote Austin Powers.

Somebody hit me with kryptonite and I lost my powers.

Its funny I used to be so confident about work and about talking to people...and now I seem to be less sure of myself in all aspects and I can't pinpoint why that should be.

I see beautiful, pretty girls and instead of wondering what it would be like to spend some time with them I immediately conclude that I will never be with them in my lifetime.

Its a terrible attitude to have but its honest or is it defeatist?

I know one should not devote his time to morbid self attention but it seems to be all that I have at the moment or is it this continual self examination that is holding me back?

I need to identify and set myself certain goals.

The obvious answer is that I am overanalysing everything and that I should just adopt the Nike slogan and 'just do it'.

I am the cowardly lion...so self concious of being laughed at or feeling inadequate I do not even try, its sad but true.

I must regain my confidence.

1 Comments:

Blogger x said...

FB,
It was nice to read your comment in my blog. The title really was from Eleanor Rigby. And walk in the street and hear a word or a phrase snatched from a passer by's conversation and find myself lost in wonder at what it could mean, as you say, is all i do really. And then i take it from there and create a story in my head. Do you?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home