Thursday, August 25, 2005

Dating

Dating. I have to admit is something that I haven't really pursued with much gusto recently.

I am on a few dating sites and I enjoy seeing what they have as my matches. Some of them I even find attractive but I've never tried to meet any of these women. I don't make contact with them and they don't make contact with me.

I guess a big part of the trepidation (I like that word) is due to ones own confidence and I am aware that confidence is something that I am short of at the moment.

There is also my nagging self belief wrongly or rightly that I do not have anything to offer. While others might point out contrary to that until I start to believe
in myself again I will continue not to even attempt to date.

This inability to date and total lack of confidence is due to what exactly? Too much time and morbid self absorbtion is probably a big part of it. There is time for self examination but it shouldn't be all that there is.

I need to get some fun back into my life. I need to laugh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepsicology said...

Flyn,

what about starting by having confidence in others? At the end, is that you that is so important?;

"it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice" (Zig Ziglar)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home